Description: The Jackal is an all new look on the outside with the new name and Turmoil HFP Reactive cover. The inside however, utilizes the same successful asymmetrical core that was found in the discontinued Raptor line.

Reaction: The Jackal just flat out hooks but, it doesn’t hook so soon though to where there is very little shape down lane, in fact it provides more continuation than I have ever seen in an asymmetrical. I do most initial testing on typical house patterns, and the pattern forced me 4 to 5 boards deeper at the arrows than anything else in my bag. Although it forced me in sooner it really allowed me to play left to right and made the pocket bigger than it already was with amazing carry and push through the pins. I feel that the Jackal allows me to start in further and play patterns where some of the higher rev guys play, once again really helping to enlarge the pocket and increase carry percentage. After the ball had lost some of it’s out of box finish and had some natural shine to it, the ball really started to pick up downlane. I could really get it around the corner, which for me with an asymmetrical just doesn’t happen. I then decided to adjust the cover to 2000 Abralon. This ball became insanely strong and not something I would be throwing on a THS, but a necessity on some tighter and flatter patterns.

Comparisons: Well this should be short and sweet…everything else in my bag doesn’t have near the hook potential of the Jackal. To give some idea of the shape down lane though it has much more backend potential and continuation than the Raptor Talon, even though they shared the same core. The Jackal really provides a shape that is in sandwiched between a Covert Revolt and Primal Rage, but with obviously more hook potential.

Summary: Overall, this release allows me to play deeper lines and create more entry angle than I would with other high performance/heavy oil balls. This is a ball that can really complete your lineup because it is almost certain to be stronger than anything you currently have in your bag. Since the box surface is a matte finish, the Jackal also has the option to be even longer and stronger by polishing or sanding it with a lower grit for even more overall hook! #Alphadog

Mike Magolan - MOTIV Staff/Turbo Staff/Boom Apparel Staff