Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greater Tulsa Open Tournament - 2014

Chats: 256

Default Greater Tulsa Open Tournament - 2014

It's that time again, another tournament.

Hoping to repeat my performance from last year and add another 300 to my collection.

Have been rolling really well lately and excited to get some more competition under my belt. Will also be going in for a bunch of brackets as well, so hopefully make some money out of it.

Since I had a little trouble last year in the last set(Doubles), I am taking a ball that a friend is likely to give me. It is a Hammer Backlash and I used in practice yesterday and had a nice clean look with it on dry lanes. Roll right over 12 board and was a nice smooth arc into the pocket. Our spans are pretty close, but even with his bigger thumb, I was able to shoot a 214 with it after adjusting to less hook the first couple balls.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Somehow I came across Dino Castillo's PBA profile and it says his home center is in Garland...which I believe is near YOUR stomping ground.

I think I was looking up PBA Shark finishes and he came in 9th one year on the Shark pattern and he stood out on the list because I had never heard of him before. Then I read his profile and realized why since he has only been on TV once and that was the 2010 Japan Cup (which nobody watches). Plus he made less money bowling last year than I made playing cards (poker) so there's that.

Just thought I'd check to see if you have bowled against him or maybe roll in a league against him or something since you guys are kinda neighbors and all.

Yes, I have actually bowled with him. This summer was on a sport shot league and bowled against him several times. He makes more money running his pro shops in town than he does actually bowling. Really nice guy and not hesitant to give tips when he sees someone struggling.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 891

vdubtx I was just wondering what did you place last year in this tournament in all the event you where in. (if there is more then 1 event)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

No idea what I placed, made my entry money back so I bowled for free and paid for some other expenses. That is always my goal.

Chats: 891

yeah that is always a great thing to do but good luck, that's about what I do in my tournaments I got into other then 1 (1st year at team trials I just missed the cut finished 20th the cut was at 18th)
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Well, Tulsa... ready or not here I come.

Team event tomorrow and Singles/Doubles on Sunday!!

Chats: 1

Why the F am I always out of the state when your here for this tournament?!?! Good luck this year as well.

LOL. Catch you next time Jaescrub!!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Well, Tulsa... ready or not here I come.

Team event tomorrow and Singles/Doubles on Sunday!!
    Good Luck I'm sure you'll do great!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast