Roto Grip Sinister
Right Handed
Experience Advanced (I have bowled in a league and hold a PBA Card)
League Average 220
Ball Speed Medium 15-16mph
Style Cranker
PAP 5 over 1/4" up

PSA Layout - 4" x 4" x 2"
Balance Hole - yes

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (4000 Grit Abralon pad)

What I Was Looking For from this ball: Something very strong and continuous when it makes it turn. Basically a heavy oil ball.

What I Ended Up With in the Ball and Layout: Pretty much what I wanted with no disappointments. Strong and long with a continuous motion down the lane and through the pocket.

I tested this ball on a fresh pattern at the local Center I manage and own my pro shop in located in Metropolis Illinois. I run a heavy oil pattern with tons of units in the middle and a gradual drop to the gutter. When I pulled this ball out, I simply stood left and threw right. I was guite amased at how the ball kept it downward lane motion and then erupted to the pocket with a surge of power. Needless to say I fell in love with this ball right away. I played around the 15 board for about 5 games and continued to swing to the ditch. The ball continued to hit hard and stay consistent. I did make slight left hand moves to compensate for the oil moving downward. The next games I moved even farther left than I normally do and continued to play a modified version of my original line hitting 20 out to about 5. I was impressed at how the ball continued to react the same way it did at first. After 10 games, I burned up my shot pretty easily. I noticed a normal amount of roll-out at this point and a flatter hit. I did change hand positions and stay around the same area with much more side roll and could get to the pocket but wasnt comfortable with this adjustment with this ball. Needless to say I struggled a bit with over under as expected after the lane dried out and this is what I expected so no disappointment at all.

Overall: This is one awesome ball for oily lane conditions! Exactly what I expected and I am extremely impressed with it. I suggest this ball to anyone wanting a heavy oil ball or someone that doesnt have a strong hand and wants a strong ball reaction. I definately suggest only using this ball on heavy oil conditions and not trying overpower it on a dryer shot. It works fanstastic in oil period!

Sean Baker
Storm/Roto Grip Staff
Bowl Like A Pro Shop
1107 E. 8th Street
Metropolis IL 62960