Thread: Fall Leagues so far ...

Default Fall Leagues so far ...

It has been a minute since I posted and thought I would give an update to my season so far.

My goals for this season are:
    250+ game
    600 series***DONE***/700 series (606 10/13/14)
    clean game***DONE***/clean series (4 clean games this season so far)
    175+ average (currently a 182 average as sub on Monday nights but I want to get this one on my normal Sunday night league)

My normal every week league is a Sunday Mixed where I had a good start with a 174 average but fell to 160 over the next couple of weeks then started climbing again to 166 so it is moving in the right direction again. I also Sub in a Monday night mixed league just about every week for one team or another where I started with a 172 average and dropped to 166 but thanks to a good 2 weeks of bowling it is now 182 going up 12 pins last week and 9 this week where I bowled my first 600 series (606) last night. I also sub in a small Friday night mixed league on occasion where I have a 172 average. So far it has been a very good start to my season.

After a solid opening to my season I did struggle for a couple of weeks where I would have one good game (180-220), one average game (160-179), and one game completely in the garbage (119-139). Took going back to my basics and adjusting my starting hand and finger position a bit to dial myself back in but I am feeling good after this last weeks performance with 2 solid sets 553 series Sunday night followed by my 606 Monday night.

Also I started the ball in motion to become a youth volunteer since I am at the alley a lot and my son bowls in the youth league. I was worried that my hearing loss would prevent me from being able to successfully perform the needed duties as a volunteer but after talking with the organizers they assured me I could do it if they placed me with the teens since they don't need much in the way of supervision like the younger kids do.

Chats: 4

Way to go Konvict1982 looks like everything is going
    in the right direction for you.

Do you bowl at Tullahoma Lanes? I have some friends
    that bowl there on I think it is Monday night, also do you
    know who is running the Pro shop now days since Jason
    left there.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I feel good when I see higher scores on Fall Leagues 

I set similar goals for myself and 6 weeks in I have 2 games over 250, I was planning on trying to stay over 175 average but I'm actually at 192 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Way to go Konvict1982 looks like everything is going
    in the right direction for you.

Do you bowl at Tullahoma Lanes? I have some friends
    that bowl there on I think it is Monday night, also do you
    know who is running the Pro shop now days since Jason
    left there.
    Yeah I bowl at Tullahoma Lanes. I sub on Monday nights on occasion and know most of the regulars. Wayne Holcombe and Alex (Don't Know his last name) run the pro shop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradski9 View Post
    I set similar goals for myself and 6 weeks in I have 2 games over 250, I was planning on trying to stay over 175 average but I'm actually at 192 right now.
    Awesome job! My 231 in my 600 series should have been a lot higher but I chocked and tugged the ball in the 10th frame following 2 strikes then left it open. Should have been a 250+ easily if I hadn't blew the 10th frame lol. Hopefully I keep it moving in the right direction. Next league match is Sunday for me!

Chats: 10

Great bowling. My goal is a 250, clean game,and a 600 series. Came close tonight,but choked in the 2 ns game.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com