Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling on the TODAY show this morning

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I can say I have had many more 300's than what show on my record at USBC, but I don't go about bragging about them. Also plenty of 800 series as well.
    Oh, we're allowed to count unsanctioned events, such as late night pot games?

There were nights the lanes were walled the lanes up so much if you didn't shoot 279+ you didn't see a dime.

And that was each game crossing 12 lanes.

As for practice, most of my bowling was before automatic score keeping, so when I practiced, a score wasn't kept.

Since I was a bowling center employee, I just turned on a pair and bowled until my shift started.

I couldn't even tell how many games were bowled.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    According to the orlando sentinel story beside the four sanctioned 300's The others were in non-sanctioned leagues or practice so there wouldn't be a record on bowl.com.
    Right, and what is the newspaper's source for all those 300s?

Not saying I know it didn't happen. Just when it talks like a Billf, and walks like a Billf, it might be a Billf.

I talked to a few people around me who have claimed that in their past they used to average 240+ (while being about 180 now) and one even went to the point of saying he used to average 280+.

There are people in the world who are habitual liars and either they believe it, or really think we will believe it.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I think there might be a bit of Billf in his story.

He said he's only be bowling for 6 years, and had 50+ 300s in league, tourney, and practice.

USBC has him listed for I believe 4 in sanctioned 300s.

Seems like a lot of room to say hmmmm.

I agree 100 percent with YOUR thoughts on this one Mike. 4 sanctioned ,,, still very commendable, if they are verifiable! I get the feeling of Billf, also MIKE!

If something sound TOO GOOD to be TRUE,,, 99.9 percent of the time it is. That means that the vast majority were in practice, or non sanctioned tournaments? hummmm...

Not saying it not true, but where is the proof?? Trust but Verify!

Lets face it, on this website you can type anything you want, that's why I almost always post a picture or copy of the games I have bowled that I thought were worth posting! LOL How hard is it to take a picture of the score board with your phone, or camera...

As far as this young man goes,,, where is the BEEF? (proof)

I think it was Carl Sagan who once said: Extraordinary Claims, Require Extraordinary PROOFS!

I rest my case/thoughts (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Well if we are taking peoples word for it, I wake up every morning and bowl a 900 series before I even eat breakfast! I also am the only person to ever bowl a 300 game with both arms tied behind my back!

While I'm at it, anyone interested in buying a bridge?

Great exposure for the sport and hopefully it will catch the attention of at least some of the younger generation. As we all know the youth is the future without them the sport will not last forever.

As for his 58 perfect games. OK maybe he did it. There is no proof proving or disproving. Bowl.com says he only has 4 sanctioned. I would think that a few more would be sanctioned. 54 perfect unsanctioned games but only 4 sanctioned ones accounted for.......hmm?!?

Still for such a short time bowling and his age that is really amazing. I am still waiting for my first 300.
    Just call me Twisted
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums.

Chats: 256

Quote Originally Posted by jnv32185 View Post
    I am still waiting for my first 300.
    Don't wait for it, go out there and get it.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Don't wait for it, go out there and get it.
    LOL,,, YOUR right vdubtx! I would have never guessed that I would throw 2 within 6 months of one another last fall league! Sanctioned posted on USBC! LOL If I can throw 2 in one season at my age, 66, and then its possible for anyone! With that last one I was real proud of that 780 series!
    I have to admit a 800 is MUCH bigger a feat then a 300! Neither are easy, don't know how many times I have had, along with many of you out there a 268, 279,,, even 290, and 298, which I have a trophy for, ( senior's league) Many can say I almost had a 300, but few can say they did it.

I wonder how many 800s he has in his short time bowling?

That 800 is really something!! I hope I live just long enough to throw ONE!! Then I will feel complete, and ready to move on to the next level of existence! (As long as there are bowing alleys)!!!

who was it on here that said a hole in one is JUST ONE SHOT, but to throw a 300, you have to have 12 good shots!! Good point!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-21-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12