Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by angel View Post
    Hi all this is got_a_300's gal and soon to be wife I'll be coming
    with him in June to the wood lanes tournanment but I'm not a
    good bowler so I'll just be watching all of the action instead of
    bowling in it myself.

I can hardly wait to get to meet everyone that comes to it and
    see the bowling alley and have some fun.

Have a good day,
    angel
    GREAT! I did find a Super 8 in Smithville,,, about 15 miles from Plattsburg. They are, (I am told pet friendly).
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default Elvis bowled on these lanes?? What??

ITs a ways of till this event, so Iceman is going to let this thread rest for a while! Just keep in mind it will be happening on June the 13th!

The Aslan Vs Iceman was just a PERSONAL match, (as it stared out between Aslan and Icman), on synthetic lanes! This tournament will be on (((WOOD))), the great equalizer! I know, and have seen many bowlers with high averages bowl very poorly on these pristine wood Holy Lanes in Plattsburg. I have seen Gene bowl a 280, and Iceman a 254,,, I have also seen gene not hit 150, along with Ice!

Did I say that Elvis once bowled on these lanes while traveling through to Graceland?? Did I say the several presidents have stopped off including Nixon to throw on some wood lanes? Did I say that some very well known movie stars have stopped over for the bed and breakfast, and bowling?\
    If I did say all of the above, it may or may not be absolutely true?

This is all about the members of bowlingboard.com and WOOD BOWLING!

WHO,,, is the best in the World! We have members from all over the world! make the journey June the 13th, to settle ONCE and for all:

WHO IS THE BEST WOOD BOWLER IN THE WORLD, (that is a member of bowlingboard.com)

Happy Halloween everyone!!

sign up,,, the lanes have been reserved and its just a matter of 8 months before we find out who, is the TOP DOG ON WOOD!

All I need now are the members names that plan on coming! ( I realize plans may change between now and June 13), but if you plan on being here let me know.

As I said its 8 months off,,, I will come back as we get closer and see how many will be participating, so that I can make arrangements to accommodate what ever that number may be!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-20-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by angel View Post
    Hi all this is got_a_300's gal and soon to be wife I'll be coming
    with him in June to the wood lanes tournanment but I'm not a
    good bowler so I'll just be watching all of the action instead of
    bowling in it myself.

I can hardly wait to get to meet everyone that comes to it and
    see the bowling alley and have some fun.

Have a good day,
    angel
    Angle,,, why not get married on the wood lanes right here in Plattsburg Missouri!! THINK OF HOW COOL THAT WOULD BE, with all your bowlingboard.com friends present! Besides Iceman loves Wedding Cakes!!! A marriage on Wood,,,,, Wood last for ever!!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-24-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

ASLAN
    Where are YOU?
    Don't you want a rematch?
    I hear your a bad ask on WOOD!
    I could use your help with all the charts, and graphs ect ect.
    Do you want another shot at ICEMAN???

I would be willing to change the name of this thread to: The Aslan Iceman World Wood Small Town 6 lane championship

I went 1400 miles to bowl you,, on a bike with my wife on the back, through crazy weather! Can't you fly out, or drive to Plattsburg for another shot
    at defeating me?

Remember,,,, I am picking up the tab on the bowling alley, I have it reserved for June 13, a Saturday! Do you accept the challenge???
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-24-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Default No reply from Aslan

No reply from Aslan? COULD IT BE THAT HE IS....
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    so Iceman is going to let this thread rest for a while!
    What happened to THAT idea???

I went 1400 miles to bowl you,, on a bike with my wife on the back, through crazy weather! Can't you fly out, or drive to Plattsburg for another shot
    at defeating me?

Remember,,,, I am picking up the tab on the bowling alley, I have it reserved for June 13, a Saturday! Do you accept the challenge???
    And I DID say you were completely insane for doing that…for the record. I don't really have the time nor funds nor motivation at THIS TIME to do much more than sort of "consider" it.

Don't get me wrong, I love bowling on wood…and it'd be fun to do this thing again…but we JUST got back from Vegas…I just got back from the Devil's toilet bowl known as Laughlin…the VBT finals are happening…I gotta miss my sport league for a few weeks to take a stupid class for work…I just started a new, more competitive house league, I'm gonna be making an arsenal change and mess with my drillings, and the holidays are staring us in the face.

I'm not saying I'm "OUT"…June is a LONG ways out…and I'd love to do it…and redeem myself…but put me down for a 2% chance at this point.

No reply from Aslan? COULD IT BE THAT HE IS....
    Absolutely. I'm averaging 148 in my new house league. I had NO business bowling you 4 guys scratch in Vegas but I did it because it was your birthday AND Vegas was sort of on my way to Laughlin, where I was going anyways. But I was giving up 30 pins to you, Rob, Mud, and Mike….and it showed. Now I'm giving up FIFTY because my game is GONE. So no…no thanks. Yup, I'm scared alright. I'd be a mental midget NOT to be at this point. I can't pick up a spare other than a 1-pin, 2-pin, 3-pin or 5-pin. And I'm probably only a "probably" on the 5-pin.

YOU try it!! Put the "gift" in the closet for a moment…and go out there and strike at a 16-22% rate…then add to that a spare shooting % of somewhere around 40%. See how "fun" bowling is when you're staring down a 120-130 game and actually 'happy' when you hit 160. Thats sad. And thats NOT the game you bring across the country to even some barn of a bowling alley in Deliverance country. Nope. I'm scared alright….terrified!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries

YOU have 8 months to get your game in order!! GET STARTED, ICEMAN wants a rematch! Quit your crying ,,,, Man up!

Take a couple dozen lessons form Rob! I want to see if you have the edge on wood, over ICE! Just quit feeling sorry for your lack of as mike white puts it coordination.

I really don't think its your movement, I really think its your release! You looked pretty damn smooth in your delivery to me! But the ball LEAVING YOUR HAND looked weak to me!

But what do I know, I am not a coach, I am just gifted! So I asked Yoda, and he agreed,,, The Force is in you Aslan,,, You need to not only find it, but embrace it!

You know looking back at the meeting on Sept 24th, Including our one warm up game, I had a 210 average, not bad after riding out on a bike with my wife on the back, pulling a trailer! That ONE LESSON that Rob gave us has been paying off also! I am bowing some great numbers here lately using the coaching he gave us both the day before we left Sin City! 741 last Friday,,, several 600's.... ICE is starting to come around it regards to coaching! But THE GIFT makes it all MUCH easier. SOME HAVE IT,,, ( I HATE TO SAY),,,, and some can't find it, or don't have it!

In your case Aslan, I think its there,,, but hidden deep,,,, DEEP within your MIND! Takes some classes in: " Finding your Hidden Gift!" I think Rob teaches that class too!

Didn't I give you a GIFT Certificate????? Here is another one,,, USE IT GRASSHOPPER!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-27-2014 at 12:56 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

You guys post way too much. I traveled last week again and had limited internet access. So I am going to do the best I can to consolidate my post into a series of relevant and ludicrous questions:

1. Iceman please send me a specification sheet on what bowling media this tournament will be played on - not sure if it is wood or synthetic or semi-synthetic or AstroTurf or maybe Wimbledon style real grass
    2. You know I'm in - do we ride in around the KC area before or after the tourney?
    3. Can I bring a personal assistant who is scantily clad that will keep score for me and distract the opponents by harassing them in an inappropriate manner?
    4. Can we just pass around the donation plate now and fund Aslan coming to KC? Let's just be real. The dude's got issues. Let's help a brother out.
    5. Did I ask is this on wood or some other type of lane? I wasn't sure reading all these posts or the title?
    6. Is Iceman going to bowl another 300 on 13JUN2015?
    7. Will there be alcohol available or is it BYOB?
    8. Is this event catered? Or do they have a restaurant in the alley or can we call domino's for delivery?
    9. If I qualify with another 666 do we have to sacrifice a goat?
    10. Can I have a theme song for everytime I go up to bowl such as eryday I'm hustling? Or even something cool.

Didn't I give you a GIFT Certificate????? Here is another one,,, USE IT GRASSHOPPER!
    Rob....can you make him fall down again??

This time with emphasis on hitting his head to knock some SENSE into him?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast