Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Real Men Bowl on Wood, World Championship ICEMAN OPEN

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Daaaaaaaa!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I suppose that is all greek to you?

It's differential calculus.
    how callus of you to think,,,, ICEMAN didn't know! Mike, you might have missed your calling....
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    how callus of you to think,,,, ICEMAN didn't know! Mike, you might have missed your calling....
    Ok, here is your chance to impress..

What mathematical operations do you see in that picture?

Blog Entries

Default The answer is simple, my dear Watson/Mikey

Ok, here is your chance to impress..

What mathematical operations do you see in that picture?
    NO, Mikey,,, this is all about YOUR opportunity to impress! So tell us! U=C, We all know you!

When I first looked at it I thought it was the equation representing the motions of a bowling ball as it rolls toward a Dark Hole!

Upon doing more study, it became clear to me that it was a mathematical joke, done on Aprils fools day, 4 years ago, by a professor Albert Knownutten , on one of his advanced calculus classes!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned

NO, Mikey,,, this is all about YOUR opportunity to impress! So tell us! U=C, We all know you!

When I first looked at it I thought it was the equation representing the motions of a bowling ball as it rolls toward a Dark Hole!

Upon doing more study, it became clear to me that it was a mathematical joke, done on Aprils fools day, 4 years ago, by a professor Albert Knownutten , on one of his advanced calculus classes!
    Passing on another chance at Glory, even when there was no money on the line.

Blog Entries

Passing on another chance at Glory, even when there was no money on the line.

Solve this one, and ICE will be impressed! It took me a while, but the answer was worth it!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned

Solve this one, and ICE will be impressed! It took me a while, but the answer was worth it!
    Ok, I'll bite.

The only "solution" I see in that is:

art = math

But you will have to confirm that with the mad fish monger.

Banned

"Okay you caught me, but I'm finishing this thing"

Some of the KE, (v) or (a) will be converted to heat and sound, but it's insignificant.

As for heat making the balls more tacky, that may have been true of the early reactive resin balls.

If you remember, those balls would track up all kinds of crap on the surface on the way back to the bowler.

Current resin balls just come back mainly with oil rings, and a bit of lane shine..
    I know a place where my ball still comes back with crap on it... of course, everything there looks like it came straight from the late eighties, early nineties.

Chats: 204

Wait. Didn't I already win this?? Or am I thinking of something else?

I think Iceman should return (I think he's off pouting again because of his ineffective supplement online marketing)...or the lack of faith in Aliens (not the movie)...we'll see.

But WHEN he does return...if he REALLY wants to see this thing happen...then we gotta aim for 2016 (because even if he paid my way this weekend...I'm desperately low on vacation time right now. AND...he has from now until then to get some sponsor money...maybe Dr. McGillicutty, or whomever that was that was selling the supplements and elixirs. Call it the 1st Annual Iceman Wood Lanes Anti-FDA Challenge. Then as part of the deal, the supplement guy pays our way if we sign a contract to try his magical supplements and elixirs...and give honest testimonies after the trial???????

The way I figure it...this should be a 1-day tourney, fly in the night before to get a hotel room and maybe a hooker...we'll see how I'm feeling. Maybe I just wanna stay focused and undistracted. Then, fly back to Cali the next morning. So...thats $510-$990 for airfare and lodging. Plus a $40/stipend (customary)...and I don't know about anybody else...but I'd like the sponsor to also cover the lanes, refreshments, and maybe give us a free ball for making our appearance and certainly pay for my custom jersey I'm gonna design JUST for this tourney...so thats another lets say $120 + $430 = $550. We'll use the low number for the hotel/airfare...round it up to an even $1100.

So, Aslan is in if it's in 2016 and I receive $1100 in sponsor money/ball.

Anyone else on bowling boards.com want to get on the sign-up list for this? Lets just assume that Iceman can secure a $1100 deal per bowler...are you in? It's an all expense paid vacation to beautiful....well, to a hole in the ground...but it's FREE!

Sign up quick...this venue has significant space limitations!! And what about Mudpuppy and Rob and MikeW??? Would $1100 make it palatable?

Get to work Ice!!

And remember...this sounds like a lot because we're normal people...but to a corporation???

Lets say Pyramid supplies the free ball...that means they eat the cost of $85 for the ball times 24 players = $2040 + shipping = $2470. For $2470, 24 serious bowlers try your product, you get to put up a nice banner for Pyramid balls, shoes, and bags, and you get a spot on every shirt/jersey.

That leaves lets say $900 per player for a total of $21,600. Large corporations, lose $21,600 in accounting errors. Dr/ Mercola has a net worth of like $4 million...I don't know...could happen!!
    Last edited by Aslan; 09-07-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526