Thread: *This post is rated R* Hammer BadAss review

Default *This post is rated R* Hammer BadAss review

that link will show my layout on the ball. if it does not work then i laid my Badass pin up. 15 lb

first thing i noticed about this ball was its roll, it rolls up so nicely. even with my pin up drill it is very smooth while maintaining that aggression we all love to see, and transferring that energy through the pins and out the back of the deck. i will be honest and admit that this ball has replaced my black widow legend! it is just too awesome! it's like driving a semi truck that handles like an indy car! i started out on a fresh 41 foot shot, wood lanes, playing the 10 - 5, i tend to play more out side since converting to the sarge. i quickly found myself moving deeper and deeper, i ended up making a 10 board movement with my feet and 7 with my mark before the end of my first game. this line held up through game 2 and into game 3. all in all i shot 25 consecutive strikes with this ball (too bad it was practice) which is by far my new personal best! in my 4th game i decided to see how deep i could get and i found myself lofting the gutter cap playing the center dot forcing this ball out to the 10 and it was still coming back, (although not striking from that angle). either way you slice it this ball has destroyed the very foundation of my love for the black widow line... i still love the widow but this ball is just too good to let it sit in the bag!

now thursday night was league night so i decided to use the Badass all through the league (3 games, 5 man team, same house) had a great first two games, 222/231, game 3 was different, the transition was brutal and i found myself trying to push the ball deeper and deeper and still rolling across the head pin, i struggled to the finish at 191. i should've made a ball change, that much was obvious to me, but i am stubborn

after the league was over one thing was for sure shouting out "That was BadAss!" after every strike NEVER gets old!
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

That's a great looking ball..I went to my pro shop yesterday and have narrowed my search for a ball replacement to fill the gap between my Hyper Cell and my Motiv Ascent Apex ( I know, theres plenty of space here!). Hammer Assassin, Legend, and Bad ***. I have read all your comments on these balls and you make theme all sound great. I am replacing the Optimus as my in between ball with a Hammer, never owned a hammer, just want to. However, I don't want the reaction that I got with the Optimus, for me it had a lazy arc to the pocket and when it got there is was weak. The RG and Diff. on the Bad *** is exactly the same as Optimus. You seem to love yours. My Hyper Cell is awesome with a 2000 finish in heavy oil, I once went to 4000 then polish on it and it went long and strong on medium oil, I would love to have a Hammer that with that kind of reaction on med-hvy oil. Revs up fast and turns the corner strong..My pro shop guy said either Legend or Assassin, which will give me more of an angular move instead of an arc?

black widow assassin would be my best sugestion for you that ball goes long and turns the corner like it was kicked! it's great for higher rev guys in my opinion, and sorry for taking so long to reply.
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

I don't have a very fast rev rate, about 275 im told..What is the difference in ball reaction of Assassin compared to Legend?

Messaged you

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post

i will be honest and admit that this ball has replaced my black widow legend! it is just too awesome! it's like driving a semi truck that handles like an indy car!

either way you slice it this ball has destroyed the very foundation of my love for the black widow line... i still love the widow but this ball is just too good to let it sit in the bag!
    Wow, just wow! I'm currently using the Deadly Aim first out of bag, followed by the Legend, and then the Assassin. There are nights when my Legend is just too aggressive to use but it's a good ball. Makes me want to try the BadAss out if you've swapped out the Legend for the BadAss. Crazy!
    Last edited by Sourtower; 11-09-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourtower View Post
    Wow, just wow! I'm currently using the Deadly Aim first out of bag, followed by the Legend, and then the Assassin. There are nights when my Legend is just too aggressive to use but it's a good ball. Makes me want to try the BadAss out if you've swapped out the Legend for the BadAss. Crazy!
    sadly it is true my current line up is BadAss, BW Legend, BW Pearl. in order, game 1,2,3. i was able to hang onto the Badass on a full set shooting on Tournament Of Champions pattern, which is long and flat, it gave me and earlier read without over reacting off the dry. love this ball

i have made a surface change to my Badass, i hand scuffed the ball with a 500 and 1000 grit abralon pad, yes that is the same as the OOB, however i left out the polish. this gave the ball a much more controllable, and aggressive, hook.

Chats: 0

Nice... I have been wanting to check this ball out
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!