Thread: Results from 2nd league night at our new house-Brunswick....

Chats: 0

Default Results from 2nd league night at our new house-Brunswick....

Games of 205, 162 and 165. The 2nd and 3rd games don't look like much but I consider the night still a success. The second and third games suffered from not enough strikes and some bad shots that left spares hard to pick up. On the makeable spares I was using the 3-6-9 sytem of picking up spares and picked them up with no trouble. I was using my Blue Hammer for the strike ball and most spares. If I left the 6/10 pins up I would use my Hammer Anger ball for those and was successful with it.

The other thing I accomplished was having a good approach as as I swung the ball I had a light grip with my thumb and a slight cupping of the wrist which uncupped with no help and gave me target accuracy and revs on my ball I couldn't believe. Of course I had a few early turns of the hand on the downswing which would cause me a pulled shot but that is to be expected as I am still in training on keeping my hand to the inside of the ball as I get into the release zone. When I did it right on the downswing my hand uncupped on it's own and gave the ball great action.

On the first game my swing and ball were really working once I found a good track for my shot. So on the two games that weren't great I still learned something. I will be using the 3-6-9 spare system from now on. Just like the Kegel training video coach said you don't make your wrist uncup through the release zone you let the weight of the ball make your thumb exit quickly and uncup your wrist from the weight of the ball pulling down on your fingertips. That will only happen with a light grip of your thumb and either staying to the inside of the ball through the release or staying behind the ball through the release zone.

I think that I will have to put in some practice time to get this stuff down quicker so I can be more consistent with it. It sure was fun watching the ball go down the alley when I did it right. I was amazed at the revs I got when I did get it right.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

I would be happy with that set! What you said about a light grip rings true with me. Anytime I tighten up, "grab" the ball or try to "throw" the ball, my game goes to hell. If I just relax, light grip and let the ball swing like a pendulum, I do okay.