Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice of a new Ball-

Chats: 891

ok you sound a lot like me, I played baseball from 4 years old to 16 years old that's when I got fully into bowling I throw the ball about 19-20mph and I have a 450+ rev rate, im also a cranker the balls I would suggest would be.

-storm hy-road
    -storm hy-road pearl
    -storm punch out
    -rotogrip wrecker
    -rotogrip uproar

these are a few that are really good im planning on getting my self a punch out very soon. since your a cranker you should not go for many bowling balls that are solid your ball will read fast when it come off the oil in the backend, you can get a solid like the rotogrip rumble (I got one) it has a finish on it of 2000 grit so I played with a surface at a different proshop then the one I got it from.

I ended up changing the ball down to 1000 grit high polish and it works great still has the strong backend and gets that extra length on it. I tried 2000 grit light polish but gave only little length on it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

id say get an uproar, its cheap enough where its a good ball for the price but also snappy enough to give you a lot of backend. Good first ball to learn the basics of everything before going to a stronger ball

Since the ball you are using is so old, and you are fairly new to the game, I would suggest that you start with a ball with a mid-range rg (somewhere between 2.51 and 2.54), that has a symettrical core and a solid cover. Try different surfaces from dull (1000-2000 abralon), all the way up to 4000 abralon, as well as different surfaces with polish. The surface that works the best for you will tell you a lot about what types of balls to look at in the future. If a dull surface works better for you, then balls with lower rg measurements will probably be something to look at in the future. If a polished surface works the best for you, then higher rg balls will probably be a better fit to your style. Be careful in assessing your own bowling style. Most bowlers tend to assign many more revs to themselves than they actually possess. As for a particular suggestion, throwing Brunswick myself, I would recommend the Solid Blue Ringer; it's very versatile in terms of potential surfaces, has a mid-range rg, symmetrical core, and is reasonably priced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12