Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice of a new Ball-

Default Advice of a new Ball-

Good morning all,

So I wanted some advice on different bowling balls as I do not know much about them. I have a 170 average and I am currently using a used Ebonite Cross Fire I purchased at my local proshop. It was filled and redrilled. I like it but does not seem to get as much backend hook as I would like. I get a lot of revs on the ball but looking for something new that will have a harder backend hook. Looking for any advice. Thanks for your help in advance!

Chats: 891

ok well I just tried to look up the ebonite crossfire to see what its specs are and could not find it on ebonites site at all but things I need to know about your bowling is

speed, rev rate, axis rotation, and axis tilt.

but mostly if you now your speed and rev rate we can try but axis rotation is a bigger help to finding the right ball.

these 4 things help out the best to helping you find the right ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 204

Lemme guess...

You want it to go long with a 'snap'??

Any preference on smell?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    Good morning all,

So I wanted some advice on different bowling balls as I do not know much about them. I have a 170 average and I am currently using a used Ebonite Cross Fire I purchased at my local proshop. It was filled and redrilled. I like it but does not seem to get as much backend hook as I would like. I get a lot of revs on the ball but looking for something new that will have a harder backend hook. Looking for any advice. Thanks for your help in advance!

The Ebonite Cross Fire is about a 10 year old used ball, so about any newer ball would have more backend.

The spec's on the Cross Fire is that it's a Symmetrical Pearl with a RG of 2.49 / Diff. .043

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

crossfire is a old ball. I would recommend going to the pro shop and checking out some newer balls. Without knowing more about your bowling style, speed, etc... I cant recommend a certain ball. However I am a big fan of the DV8 balls and I would check them out...
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I would consider myself a cranker with a low backswing. I am probably close to 20 mph, I was a college baseball player so my arm speed is pretty high. My Revs are probably considered high. I am just learning and would consider myself a beginner. So I appreciate all the advice everyone has given.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Cray View Post
    I would consider myself a cranker with a low backswing. I am probably close to 20 mph, I was a college baseball player so my arm speed is pretty high. My Revs are probably considered high. I am just learning and would consider myself a beginner. So I appreciate all the advice everyone has given.
    Ok then I would recommend the DV8 Thug, DV8 Ruckus, or the Misfit red/orange
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Deadly Aim

Read my thread on the Dealdly aim,,, has give me some big scores! I have two now,, one is a real sharp movement, the other drilled differently and a more controlled arc!! Check it out! No smell like Storm balls, but it does have the look of victory, and rolls into the pocket like a Mac-Truck!

In reality, so many GREAT BALLS out there! Its the bowler that makes the difference, No magic ball!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Lemme guess...

You want it to go long with a 'snap'??

Any preference on smell?
    Just a little secret that Iceman does,,, I put one drop of Old Spice in each of my finger holes once a week! I like my balls to smell like a man!!

What is that they say in the Old Spice Commercial: " A man like to smell like a Man!! who,,,raaaaaa!! (
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 204

I'd say either the Crazy Antics or the CrankR.

Or...the Ebonite Tornado.

Actually, just get an Ebonite Cyclone. Cheap, colorful, widely available. The guy on my team just got one and the dude throws 220+ games constantly. Doesn't know anything about bowling...one of those "gifted" guys...but whatever. It doesn't really matter. All balls are round and pretty much do the same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast