Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New WBT Scoring System

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Why do you consider it a complaint? he just stated what his view was on what you said. Just like you making comments his post, doe's that make you a complainer too?

If anybody disagrees with one of your posts, doe's that make them complainers too? If not why is it just rob is considered a complainer?

He did comment on someone else post. Amyers made comment and Rob commented on it. So you were not singled out.

Striker I'm just saying if all you want to see are just comments that only agree with what you say. It's not going to happen, somebody is going to have a differing opinion than you and if you can't handle them commenting on it . Then just don't post anything, otherwise you have to learn not to take everything as a personnel attack against you.

As far as I'm concerned everyone here is a just bowler, I don't care if you are a Canadian or from Mars.
    how about you look at his post after amyer he made his opinion of the thread he never made it at the start, I don't want anyone to agree with me and how was I complaining because I calling him a complainer.

how about you go back and read what I put all I said was "this is a dumb idea it takes away people from bowling when people who don't bowl see this on tv" people will think this happens in leagues!!, (that is just a sum up of it) when someone who is a non bowler see's a 300 on tv they get interested but rob comes back saying " Noone is going to shoot a 300 on TV. Score is not the point. Winning is the point. " !!!!!!!! that's a double negative how can you win with out scores you have to beat the other persons score.

also saying no one is going to shoot a 300 on tv there has already been 26 I think it is last one by Jason Belmonte at the world series of bowling shark open.(not sure of the year)

like it seems that you rather just side with rob with out even actually reading the posts fully when he made his comment all I did was make few points, if he makes a comment at least he should not insult what that person opinion was.

if they wanted to do this format they should do it in a non televised match to see what it looks like, but maybe put it on extra frames and see other peoples opinion about it rather then put it on tv where no one can make a opinion during the match!!!.

yeah bowl I did not like what you posts does not work with what you put because you kinda attacked me by telling me to never post again read what you put before you say something like that.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    how about you look at his post after amyer he made his opinion of the thread he never made it at the start, I don't want anyone to agree with me and how was I complaining because I calling him a complainer.
    I have read the posts,
    Rob made the original post.
    Then Amyers commented on it.
    Then Rob commented about Amyers post.

how about you go back and read what I put all I said was "this is a dumb idea it takes away people from bowling when people who don't bowl see this on tv" people will think this happens in leagues!!, (that is just a sum up of it) when someone who is a non bowler see's a 300 on tv they get interested but rob comes back saying " Noone is going to shoot a 300 on TV. Score is not the point. Winning is the point. " !!!!!!!! that's a double negative how can you win with out scores you have to beat the other persons score.
    Striker when he said no one was going shoot a 300 on Tv, he was referring to your comment about "how is anyone else going to throw a 300 on a tv if they use this system" .

He meant that no, they weren't going to shoot a 300 or any type of normal bowling score. Because that type of scoring wasn't what the new format is about. They don't keep that kind of score using this new format.

also saying no one is going to shoot a 300 on tv there has already been 26 I think it is last one by Jason Belmonte at the world series of bowling shark open.(not sure of the year)
    Those 300's were shot on Tv were using how we normally score, As I said he was referring to the new format they are trying, Not how bowling is normally scored.

like it seems that you rather just side with rob with out even actually reading the posts fully when he made his comment all I did was make few points, if he makes a comment at least he should not insult what that person opinion was.
    I've have read all the posts Striker, He did not insult you in anyway.

All he said was
    Two issues:

1) The shot that left the 3-6-10 was a bad shot. The shot that left the 7-10 was, most probably, a much better shot with some real bad luck. The better first shot is rewarded.

2) Noone is going to shoot a 300 on TV. Score is not the point. Winning is the point.
    There's nothing insulting about that.

if they wanted to do this format they should do it in a non televised match to see what it looks like, but maybe put it on extra frames and see other peoples opinion about it rather then put it on tv where no one can make a opinion during the match!!!.
    Well they could have, but they didn't.

yeah bowl I did not like what you posts does not work with what you put because you kinda attacked me by telling me to never post again read what you put before you say something like that.
    Striker I never said to you to " never post again", I said if you don't want people commenting on your posts then just don't post. Otherwise get use to others having differing opinions than yours.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-24-2014 at 02:54 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 891

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I have read the posts,
    Rob made the original post.
    Then Amyers commented on it.
    Then Rob commented about Amyers post.

Striker when he said no one was going shoot a 300 on Tv, he was referring to your comment about "how is anyone else going to throw a 300 on a tv if they use this system" .

He meant that no, they weren't going to shoot a 300 or any type of normal bowling score. Because that type of scoring wasn't what the new format is about. They don't keep that kind of score using this new format.

Those 300's were shot on Tv were using how we normally score, As I said he was referring to the new format they are trying, Not how bowling is normally scored.

I've have read all the posts Striker, He did not insult you in anyway.

All he said was

There's nothing insulting about that.

Well they could have, but they didn't.

Striker I never said to you to " never post again", I said if you don't want people commenting on your posts then just don't post. Otherwise get use to others having differing opinions than yours.
    ok bowl you got some good points there but you are changing his words you don't know if that's the way he meant it or not,

now where you just said I never told you to never post again is in different words from what you said it means the same thing.

I never said he insulted me at all I said he insulted my opinion the last thing on the first post of this thread says (What do you all think?)

now about the 300 he said scores are not the point, winning is the point, how do you get this out of my opinion when I said no one can throw a 300 this way, I was just giving a point about this system not allowing you bowl with regular scoring system, this is what I meant out of it. just saying this system would not allow any rewards and would turn people away from the sport where we want to build this sport and get it out there.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Chats: 32

Well at the end of it I do believe that this new scoring system will do nothing to improve the game and has the potential to hurt it. I've seen other sports try different scoring systems especially in golf and they haven't ever taken off and I don't expect it to be any different here. I believe some of this reaches back to trying to get bowling into the Olympic games as I have seen some comments by some people (sorry for the lack of specifics but I don't remember who or where I seen it) working on that about this new system also. If we have to gut the game to get it in what's the point.

Striker I do believe bowl was just wanting you to be open to return fire on your posts and if we are using words like "stupid" lets try to make sure its obvious we are talking about the idea and not the person. Too all who post do keep in mind this is an internet forum about a sport many of us have personal opinions about and it is okay to get a little rough and rowdy but with respect for each other.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default You have nothing to FEAR but FEAR it's self!

My fellow bowling friends, don't be afraid of options! LOL,,LOL,,,,Wow,,, its simply giving us an OPTION, another way to play the game we all love!
    I can't believe so many of you are WORRIED that it will destroy bowling AS WE KNOW IT!

It's imploding as WE BOWL without this new simple system of keeping score!

I hate to say this but LOOK AROUND, lanes closing all over this country, including one I bowled at that had sentimental significance to Ice!

It's time to TRY OUT NEW THINGS, old school is NOT bring in the customers!!

DON'T PANIC,,,, ( This looks like FUN TO ME!!

Will it take the place of old school scoring,,, NO!!

Wow I can't get over how worried many of you are over NOTHING! ( Try it,,,,,, Mikeie likes!! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

Even Aslan's brother can't wait to try out the new system! He also said that the current system discriminates against bowlers that can't control their body parts! Aslan's brother says: "Bring it on,,, Bring it on!"

maybe with this system, " I CAN BE A STAR,,, I Can be a contender, I can be somebody!"
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-24-2014 at 09:39 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Well said, Iceman. I was just posting, verbatim, the Press Release that was sent out by the PBA. I didn't realize I was opening this whole can of worms. The Stableford scoring system in golf will never replace traditional scoring, but there is one Stableford tournament each year and, frankly, it's kind of fun to watch. I think that the WBT matchplay system will be kind of like that. It will certainly identify WBT events on television that currently often get lost among the PBA telecasts that viewers are used to seeing. What most bowlers don't seem to understand is that with the new PBA limited schedule, much of the serious bowling events take place all around the world, and are sponsored by the WBT. When the PBA stars aren't at the WSOB or in Oklahoma, many are travelling the world competing with the best from other countries.

Note that this was written in response to the first one from Iceman, not the second.
    Last edited by RobLV1; 10-24-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: clarification

Chats: 256

I think this scoring system will certainly be interesting to watch. Will be neat to see something different for sure.

One of my favorite quotes from the great Sci-Fi writer Isaac Asimov “Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    I think this scoring system will certainly be interesting to watch. Will be neat to see something different for sure.

One of my favorite quotes from the great Sci-Fi writer Isaac Asimov “Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
    Wow,,, vdubtx,,, Isaac Asimov is one of MY Favorite science fiction writers, I have MANY of his books! Many out there might remember the movie that was out not that long ago: I Robot. I also have his book called: A Study of the Old and New testament. Very interesting book on the origins of the bible, from a purely historical and secular view.

GREAT QUOTE!! (

Last edited by MICHAEL; 10-24-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    ok bowl you got some good points there but you are changing his words you don't know if that's the way he meant it or not,
    Okay I don't know if that's the way he meant it or not, But that's how I took it and I explained it to you the way I see what he said.

The same goes for you too, you don't know how he meant it either and you took what he said a different way.

now where you just said I never told you to never post again is in different words from what you said it means the same thing.
    I said if you don't want people commenting on your posts then just don't post, If you read that and think it means never post again so be it.

I never said he insulted me at all I said he insulted my opinion the last thing on the first post of this thread says (What do you all think?)
    Okay he didn't insult you personally, then you have no reason to be upset about it.

He addressed the opinion you posted, It's not a insult to the opinion to post a counterargument to that opinion that is what the forums are for.

now about the 300 he said scores are not the point, winning is the point, how do you get this out of my opinion when I said no one can throw a 300 this way, I was just giving a point about this system not allowing you bowl with regular scoring system, this is what I meant out of it.
    Striker you asked in your post "how is anyone else going to throw a 300 on a tv if they use this system "

I'll answer that, their not going too if they are using that system.

just saying this system would not allow any rewards and would turn people away from the sport where we want to build this sport and get it out there.
    What rewards is it not allowing? You mean things like a 300 ring or a all spare game award etc. etc.?

This a new system just being tested, it can't be said it "would not allow any rewards".

Because It's not even remotely close to the point, where they have even thought up awards too give for bowling using the system in the first place.

As for "turning people away" that's why this is a "TEST" to see what people think of it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 10-24-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast