Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New WBT Scoring System

We want to let you all know that everyone's opinion is welcomed and appreciated (as long as it doesn't break any forum rules and we speak in a civil manner). This specific topic is an interesting one and we understand people having strong feelings about it. There have been a lot of really good questions posed here.

Here is how we see it:

Rob: Thank you for posting this new scoring system. This is the first we've heard of it and it's very interesting. This is never going to overtake the standard scoring model, but it could be a lot of fun to bowl a match play event using it.

Striker: You brought up an awesome point about someone leaving a 7-10 as opposed to a 7 count split that is easier to convert and still winning the frame. This is an extremely valid point and a question that should be asked. Rob made a great point that normally a 7-10 is a decent shot where you get unlucky where something like the 3-6-10 is a bad shot or failure to adjust that often results in a split. We agree with bowl1820 that Rob wasn't trying to insult you, but just give his 2 cents on your very good question.

Let's all get along because some really good bowling discussion can come from this. Always try to read other's posts in the most positive way you can instead of in the most negative way. Text doesn't have inflection so we shouldn't assume someone means something when we don't know for sure.
    Last edited by BowlingBoards.com; 10-24-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 256

Very well said Admin.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by BowlingBoards.com View Post
    Let's all get along because some really good bowling discussion can come from this. Always try to read other's posts in the most positive way you can instead of in the most negative way. Text doesn't have inflection so we shouldn't assume someone means something when we don't know for sure.
    My strategy and advice for all internet posters is...read every thread as if the person is Betty White. It's nearly impossible to be insulted by Betty White. Also, if that doesn't work, imagine the person posting the thread to be in their underpants, black socks, picking their nose. Hard to get insulted by a person like that.

More mental images i will have to block from my mind. Remember a lot of us have watched the bowling videos on this site and already know what some of you look like. Now you are asking us to picture you in your tighty whiteys? NO i won't do it!!!!!!!!!

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    More mental images i will have to block from my mind. Remember a lot of us have watched the bowling videos on this site and already know what some of you look like. Now you are asking us to picture you in your tighty whiteys? NO i won't do it!!!!!!!!!
    Well...not ME. Just the OTHER posters that are annoying.

Obviously for me you'd picture a guy with the mind of that Stephen Hawking guy and a body like Justin Timberlake. But since I'm never annoying or mean sounding...it doesn't apply to me. But like, when I read a post by Bowl1820 or DHoff...and I start to think that maybe they are being mean or sarcastic...I will just read it as if Betty White is saying it and all the sudden everything is better!!! I swear it works!!

I don't have to use it for Iceman anymore. Now that I've met him...I realize he's just as looney as I thought....so when he gets going...its like when a toddler colors you a picture of something that looks nothing like what they say it is....you just kinda smile and shake your head and say, "oh...thats cute. THANK YOU for that." If it's a post about lesions and has a helicoptor crashing into a baby being attacked by an Octopus and somehow that is related to some bowling thing...you just smile, and thank him for that GREAT post and picture.

Strategy, strategy, strategy...

The internet is all about winning strategies. Gotta stay positive...stay strong...stay clean...stay true....and use your superior intellect and charisma to dominate the World.
    Last edited by Aslan; 10-24-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Well...not ME. Just the OTHER posters that are annoying.

Obviously for me you'd picture a guy with the mind of that Stephen Hawking guy and a body like Justin Timberlake. .
    Are you sure you didn't mean the body of Stephen Hawking and the mind of Justin Timberlake? Sounds closer to reality!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Also, when i'm on the site i always wear white socks.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Also, when i'm on the site i always wear white socks.
    sometimes I don't wear my pants, just underwear and no shirt, while on this site!! Ice
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I do really enjoy this site as well! Just not quite that much! But you do bowl in a lot of leagues and obviously love this sport, just don't show up at league that way! Now that we know your posting attire, please never write the words: I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT MY BOWLING. Thanks in advance for that consideration.
    Last edited by fortheloveofbowling; 10-24-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I do really enjoy this site as well! Just not quite that much! But you do bowl in a lot of leagues and obviously love this sport, just don't show up at league that way! Now that we know your posting attire, please never write the words: I AM VERY EXCITED ABOUT MY BOWLING. Thanks in advance for that consideration.

For the LOVE of Pete,,, I don't get excited while on this site!! I am just more comfortable with my pants, and shirt off, LOL,,, LOL!!
    My skin is very sensitive to artificial dyes, and many synthetic fabrics.

Its not a posting attire, I ((( ALWAYS dress up NICE for POSTING )))!!

The last time I really,,, REALLY got excited was when I was in Vegas with my wife! Iceman got real excited when he whipped the young Aslan, on his home turf, ( almost). I hope he makes the effort to bowl Iceman on WOOD this coming June 13th!!! In the year of our lord 2015!!

HEY,,, I am excited about my bowing... ( had a 741 today!! LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast