BALL COLOR: Red/White/Blue
DUROMETER: 74-76 Rex D-scale
FLARE POTENTIAL: 5” - 6” (High)
FRAGRANCE: Berries N Cream
WEIGHTS: 12-16 lbs.
SKU: TUT

My layout: 4 x 4 5/8 x 2 1/4
My PAP: 4 1/2 over 1 1/4 up

The Optimus is a pearl ball from Storm. I have both a pin up and a pin down Optimus that roll very well for me. I found like most pearl balls the Optimus has no problem guiding through the fronts. The big difference is the Optimus reads the mid lane better than most pearls without sacrificing the sharp backend reaction. This late power gives the pins little chance when the Optimus comes charging in.

Even though the Optimus rolls very well for it isn’t my go to ball, and it isn’t the first ball out of my bag. The Optimus’s role in my bag is the first step down when my solid is starting to burn up. The fact that is reads the mid lane so well, makes it a good choice for me when I need more length, but still need a strong bowling ball.

I am going to rate the ball an 8, not based on my opinion alone, but watching others throw it, and open up the lane. Even though the ball is now 4 months old now I still see plenty of them being used in my travels. That is usually a sign of a very good ball! In short I think the Optimus earns the right for many tournament bags even though it may not be the first ball out of the bag especially now that the Crux has hit the market.