Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about ball finish...

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Are other people getting ball motion? I'd find it hard to believe that no one is at this house. Might want to consider the possibility that it isn't the environment or equipment that's the problem.

You indicate that this is a new center. How new? How old was the center in which you bowled before? What you could be seeing is the difference between lanes that have been bowled on for years with the resulting micro scratches in the surface increasing friction, and newly installed lanes. If that is the case, then yes, you might need more surface. If, on the other hand, it is just a heavier or longer pattern, you may need to go to a ball with a higher rg and less surface to take full advantage of the friction that is past the pattern rather than trying to get your ball to hook within the pattern.

I can throw this same ball in pretty much any other house and get plenty of back end flip/hook. I haven't changed my style/delivery.

Also, I'm a low-rev bowler so I don't think it's burning up. Also worth noting, at other houses I frequently see guys winging plastic balls with high revs on them and they get plenty of hook, but here they get a slight break at best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12