Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Default Greater KC USBC seniors Tournament and ICEMAN

We Are Hosting The Greater KC USBC Seniors Tournament
    Sundays - November 2 and 9
    We Are Sorry
    We Will Have No Lanes For Open Bowling Those Sundays
    Until 8:30 PM - 10 PM

Well this will be Iceman's FIRST tournament, it starts tomorrow! I start out at 1pm! Will post the GOOD, BAD, or UGLY
    I have no, NONE delusions of grander!! LOL,,, just thought it would be an interesting experience!! Pat, The Beast Henderson will be there, along with a bunch of Early 50's Top Guns!

To me this is going to be about HAVING FUN, and seeing what its like to bowl in a USBC tournament!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    We Are Hosting The Greater KC USBC Seniors Tournament
    Sundays - November 2 and 9
    We Are Sorry
    We Will Have No Lanes For Open Bowling Those Sundays
    Until 8:30 PM - 10 PM

Well this will be Iceman's FIRST tournament, it starts tomorrow! I start out at 1pm! Will post the GOOD, BAD, or UGLY
    I have no, NONE delusions of grander!! LOL,,, just thought it would be an interesting experience!! Pat, The Beast Henderson will be there, along with a bunch of Early 50's Top Guns!

To me this is going to be about HAVING FUN, and seeing what its like to bowl in a USBC tournament!

Well its good to know you aren't part of The Lesser KC USBC?

Single, Doubles, and Team,, all on the same day?? same weekend???

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Best of luck, Iceman!

Sad to say, my best USBC tournament finish was in the first one I entered. Short format Tourneys involve a lot of luck. Quite often newer bowlers will get hot for a game or two and take advantage of the handicap format and cash, while more experienced bowlers who merely hit their averages for three games get shut out.
    John

Chats: 256

Awesome, best of luck at the tournament!!

Always have a good time while bowling in them.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

SHI#!! I just found out its going to be the White Pattern!!!!!! Maybe some of you remember that day I went to Pre-Bowl and the AMF had a White Pattern, not the standard THS they usually use. I couldn't figue it out!!! That's been a while back, and I have learned a lot more ways to adjust, but DID IT HAVE TO BE THE FIRCKEN WHITE PATTERN.

How should Ice attack it??? I have less then 24 hours to figure out which balls, and how to play it!!!

HELP!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

I've bowled on the white pattern several times. I'm guessing if you played left, say 12-15 you found them slick? You do want to be inside yes, maybe around 13-15 starting but playing steeper angles through the front to get the ball out far enough to find friction down lane. Second arrow and outside seems to play flatter and does not hold up long. In practice try to notice some close rev rates to yours and see the reactions they get. Having said that, never go in thinking you know exactly how a pattern is going to play. Good luck.

Blog Entries

Default So many balls, now I need to pick the Best of the Best!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    I've bowled on the white pattern several times. I'm guessing if you played left, say 12-15 you found them slick? You do want to be inside yes, maybe around 13-15 starting but playing steeper angles through the front to get the ball out far enough to find friction down lane. Second arrow and outside seems to play flatter and does not hold up long. In practice try to notice some close rev rates to yours and see the reactions they get. Having said that, never go in thinking you know exactly how a pattern is going to play. Good luck.
    thanks, I have a six ball bag, trying cover all bases at to which to bring. For sure the Hyber-Cell, Deadly Aim, maybe My Byte, IQ pearl butter scotch, Virtual gravity Nanno, and motive tribal.

The only solid ball will be the Hyber-Cell. I think I will take the polish off for this pattern! just go with the 360, then lightly 2000.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

thanks, I have a six ball bag, trying cover all bases at to which to bring. For sure the Hyber-Cell, Deadly Aim, maybe My Byte, IQ pearl butter scotch, Virtual gravity Nanno, and motive tribal.

The only solid ball will be the Hyber-Cell. I think I will take the polish off for this pattern! just go with the 360, then lightly 2000.
    White pattern is not so hard. Just a finer line and smaller miss area. Just a modified house shot

I shot 300 on it last year in Tulsa.
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    White pattern is not so hard. Just a finer line and smaller miss area. Just a modified house shot

I shot 300 on it last year in Tulsa.
    What ball did you use? I know your delivery and mine are very different! Your young, I am old in years, I have medium revs, and can vary my speed from 12 to 19 mph.... Did you use a symmetrical, or a asymmetirical! thanks for the information, Did you play the inside or outside line?
    Does one play better then the other on the white?

NICE 300 on white! Did you have a good series also?
    As I remember playing it last year, it was like the US OPEN! I have bowled the us open once on a summer sports challenge!

I played the outside then, and with the white it went right down the ten arrow, and did not recover,,,,, as I remember the white was similar to ME, as far a ball reaction goes... GRRRRR!!!

WHY,,, WHY the WHITE,,, I want the RED!! I have been bowling up a storm at those lanes here lately with the RED.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

What ball did you use? I know your delivery and mine are very different! Your young, I am old in years, I have medium revs, and can vary my speed from 12 to 19 mph.... Did you use a symmetrical, or a asymmetirical! thanks for the information, Did you play the inside or outside line?
    Does one play better then the other on the white?

NICE 300 on white! Did you have a good series also?
    As I remember playing it last year, it was like the US OPEN! I have bowled the us open once on a summer sports challenge!

I played the outside then, and with the white it went right down the ten arrow, and did not recover,,,,, as I remember the white was similar to ME, as far a ball reaction goes... GRRRRR!!!

WHY,,, WHY the WHITE,,, I want the RED!! I have been bowling up a storm at those lanes here lately with the RED.
    Used my First Blood. Had a 772 series that day.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast