Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same drilling layouts on multiple balls

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    i figured this is kind of similar to what I was thinking based on the transition timing. If everything I drilled was pin up and needed things that needed to start either earlier or later, wouldnt that be important enough for more drilling in your arsenal
    If you had a limited choice in coversocks it would require more drillling options. but if you can use the same drilling on different balls you are better off.

If you look at page 23 from that same PDF it shows the 18 most important variables for ball reaction and the Top 5 are all related to coverstock/surface prep versus anything you can do with the drilling of the ball.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    If you look at page 23 from that same PDF it shows the 18 most important variables for ball reaction and the Top 5 are all related to coverstock/surface prep versus anything you can do with the drilling of the ball.
    That was my understanding.

this is interesting, thanks everyone for their input

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    this is interesting, thanks everyone for their input
    If you don't have a spinner, think about getting one for a Christmas present for your wife, or girlfriend if she lives with you. I have a BLAST with my nearly 15 balls trying out different surfaces.. It's amazing what you can do with a balls reaction. They are great for sooooooo many things! NO better way to put polish on the ball. JUST MAKE SURE TO KEEP GOOD RECORDS on each ball when you modify it, so if you like the results, you can replicate it when the time comes again to put some surface on the ball.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12