Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some practice 11-5-14

Default Some practice 11-5-14

Practiced my 10 pins and then threw a good game. My form isn't pretty but it feels comfortable to me and I am starting to get more consistent.

You look pretty solid at the line. Try to post your shots a little more though, meaning try to stay on balance at the line until the ball hits the pins. Not bad though man, keep working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    You look pretty solid at the line. Try to post your shots a little more though, meaning try to stay on balance at the line until the ball hits the pins. Not bad though man, keep working on it.
    Yeah that is one thing I am not consistent about. Some nights I post with the best of them and some nights I am bouncing around and walking out my shots like a rock star LOL.

Chats: 891

1 thing i can mostly see that you will have to work on it to smooth out your arm swing your smooth from the pushaway to the top of your backswing then it muscle the ball the rest of the way you can notice from how your elbow bends more when you get to the release.

but this was only in your game when you where throwing your strike ball the ball where you practiced on the 10pins you never did it, forward the video to the last throw you do at the 10pin, then the 1st throw in your real game and you can notice it.

i had to watch the video over a few times, but everytime i watched it i was watching a different thing
    Last edited by striker12; 11-05-2014 at 10:21 PM.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    1 thing i can mostly see that you will have to work on it to smooth out your arm swing your smooth from the pushaway to the top of your backswing then it muscle the ball the rest of the way you can notice from how your elbow bends more when you get to the release.

but this was only in your game when you where throwing your strike ball the ball where you practiced on the 10pins you never did it, forward the video to the last throw you do at the 10pin, then the 1st throw in your real game and you can notice it.

i had to watch the video over a few times, but everytime i watched it i was watching a different thing
    Thanks for the pointers. I have been told I muscle the ball but haven't found a way to smooth it out while still keeping control. I will add it to my practice sessions though and see if I can smooth it out. *thumbs up*

Chats: 4

Good game Konvict1982 yeah as striker12 said you do
    seem muscle the ball a little but we all do that at some
    time or another. I have a very bad tendency to muscle
    the ball myself a lot of the time if I don't watch what I'm
    doing but yeah just keep at it and you'll get it worked out.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 891

I use to muscle the ball my self but I also use to throw the ball with only half a thumb so when I went to full thumb in my backswing got higher and it caused me to do it.

one of my coachs son goes too urbana state university, great bowler just in the summer my coach and his son they both helped me out all summer on working on it and I even spend days at there house working on it.

1 main thing they had me do was get some weights equal to the same weight as my bowling ball and then have 4 other weights that are 1lb less, 2lb less, 1lb more, 2lbs more. with this they had to hold onto the weights and swing my arm freely getting me use to the feel, the way they had me do it was grab the weight that was 1lb less swing this for 5minutes not contently but a total of 5minutes with taking a brake every 10seconds this helps build muscle memory.

next was we go to the 2lb more, same thing 5minutes and brake for a few seconds every 10seconds.

next we grabed the weight equal to my bowling ball witch is 15lbs (for me) swing this same as the other 2 times 5minutes with brakes every 10 seconds

next 2lbs less, swing fro 5 minutes brakes every 10seconds.

next 1lb more, swing for 5minutes brake every 10seconds

and lastly back to the weight equal to bowling ball 2minutes brake every 15seconds this time.

you will get tied and your arm with be sore after doing this the first time just do it the next day after your bowl if your in 1league you want atleast 2-3 days rest on your arm, so you will be able to bowl when league comes. this wont gain any muscle in your arm because all your doing is using gravity to move the weight just like a bowling ball and your arm with get use to it.

now after you get to the point where this does not tier you out at much anymore now to the last step you grab your spare ball and to the bottom of a grass hill and practice throwing your spare ball up a hill as if your throwing your strike ball take a recording on your throw before you do this and 1 after every time to do it and see if you see a difference I did.
    Last edited by striker12; 11-06-2014 at 01:19 AM.

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Good game Konvict1982 yeah as striker12 said you do
    seem muscle the ball a little but we all do that at some
    time or another. I have a very bad tendency to muscle
    the ball myself a lot of the time if I don't watch what I'm
    doing but yeah just keep at it and you'll get it worked out.
    Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by striker12 View Post
    I use to muscle the ball my self but I also use to throw the ball with only half a thumb so when I went to full thumb in my backswing got higher and it caused me to do it.

one of my coachs son goes too urbana state university, great bowler just in the summer my coach and his son they both helped me out all summer on working on it and I even spend days at there house working on it.

1 main thing they had me do was get some weights equal to the same weight as my bowling ball and then have 4 other weights that are 1lb less, 2lb less, 1lb more, 2lbs more. with this they had to hold onto the weights and swing my arm freely getting me use to the feel, the way they had me do it was grab the weight that was 1lb less swing this for 5minutes not contently but a total of 5minutes with taking a brake every 10seconds this helps build muscle memory.

next was we go to the 2lb more, same thing 5minutes and brake for a few seconds every 10seconds.

next we grabed the weight equal to my bowling ball witch is 15lbs (for me) swing this same as the other 2 times 5minutes with brakes every 10 seconds

next 2lbs less, swing fro 5 minutes brakes every 10seconds.

next 1lb more, swing for 5minutes brake every 10seconds

and lastly back to the weight equal to bowling ball 2minutes brake every 15seconds this time.

you will get tied and your arm with be sore after doing this the first time just do it the next day after your bowl if your in 1league you want atleast 2-3 days rest on your arm, so you will be able to bowl when league comes. this wont gain any muscle in your arm because all your doing is using gravity to move the weight just like a bowling ball and your arm with get use to it.

now after you get to the point where this does not tier you out at much anymore now to the last step you grab your spare ball and to the bottom of a grass hill and practice throwing your spare ball up a hill as if your throwing your strike ball take a recording on your throw before you do this and 1 after every time to do it and see if you see a difference I did.

I have been meaning to get some weights anyways so this sounds like a good exercise. I will give it a try once I get some weights or make some out of milk jugs LOL.

Chats: 256

Did I see a 7-10 pick up at about 1:05-1:10? Awesome!! Have never actually done that myself.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Did I see a 7-10 pick up at about 1:05-1:10? Awesome!! Have never actually done that myself.
    I noticed it also but since it was a full rack I am not sure if it was 7/10 or if it was 7/8/10 LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast