Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some practice 11-5-14

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Our own Jason picked one up in the AMF Big 22 tournament two years ago! that was the year he and his partner, Adam, came in 2nd, and each won 3000.00 bucks each... Had Jason missed, LIKE 99.9 of us do,,,lol,,,, he would not of advanced in that tournament, and would have been out of the BIG BUCKS they won! I did see it!!!!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Konvict1982 View Post
    Thanks for the pointers. I have been told I muscle the ball but haven't found a way to smooth it out while still keeping control. I will add it to my practice sessions though and see if I can smooth it out. *thumbs up*
    Most of the problem is you don't get the ball started moving until the end of the 2nd of 4 steps.

That gives the pendulum swing not enough time to complete before you reach the foul line.

You have to cut the backswing short, then muscle the ball forward, otherwise you get very little speed.

You should start the ball moving as the 1st of 4 steps begins.

That gives you more time for a free flowing swing, and allows for a bigger backswing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Most of the problem is you don't get the ball started moving until the end of the 2nd of 4 steps.

That gives the pendulum swing not enough time to complete before you reach the foul line.

You have to cut the backswing short, then muscle the ball forward, otherwise you get very little speed.

You should start the ball moving as the 1st of 4 steps begins.

That gives you more time for a free flowing swing, and allows for a bigger backswing.
    I will keep this in mind for my next practice. *thumbs up* ...

I just got back from practicing again today. Spent 2 games working on the 10 pin again. In the video I am throwing suitcase style without my wrist support however today I just kept dropping them in the gutter like this so I decided to work on rolling the ball palm up and squaring my shoulders. I managed around 50% 10 pins throwing like this compared to 20% yesterday so I think I am going to continue working on hitting my 10 pins like this.

Got some more practice in today my 10 pins are up to 60% out of a whole game shooting at nothing but 10 pins. I followed up with a 225 game bowling as usual. Then I helped one of my son's friends work on smoothing out his arm swing. Had a great day at the alley!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12