Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: how long have you been bowling before your first 300?

Chats: 32

I bowled from the time I was 9 until I was 19 and then started back a little over a year ago. Can't say that I've really been that close yet I've been in the 260's 3 or 4 times lot's of 250's
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    In spite of what Mike White might thing about NOW days, and bowling,,,, there are a NUMBER of tough houses out there for what ever reason!
    All of my 300s have been on notoriously difficult, lanes! Certified Tough by the USBC!!!

Those WOOD lanes in Plattsburg are tough,,, I HOPE AND PRAY that Mike makes the trip,,, I can't wait to see him bowl a house pattern here!
    My bet still stands,,, bowl a 200 average for your tournament and I will give you 1000,00 Big Bucks!!!

EASY,,,,, lol,,,, We will put down a house pattern and you show ME,,, ICEMAN, and my Farm buddies that grew up on those wood lanes, how to play them!

Bring MEDICATION,,,, after your first game you might need to be medicated!!!! Depression! You want a challenge.... start saving your fricken money!!!!

Action is much better then WORDS!!

Mike, maybe you and Aslan could ride out together on his motorcycle???? LIKE THE ICEMAN DID!!! Only I had my wife on the back pulling a trailer!!
    the house im referring too is also wood lane. i love it when guys with hot hands try to bowl on these lanes, it's like they suddenly forgot how to bowl! it is quite a spectacle.
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    the house im referring too is also wood lane. i love it when guys with hot hands try to bowl on these lanes, it's like they suddenly forgot how to bowl! it is quite a spectacle.
    It doesn't have to be a change to wood.

If you change to a different oil pattern, such as the USBC White pattern, they can come unglued.

Imagine if the pattern was actually difficult. Oh my, call a paramedic.

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by MICHAEL View Post
    If I could pass on anything as to why I have been so successful, even in my first year 4 years ago Seniors non sanctioned league where I had a 298, and the folling year a 290 high game and even a trophy for that leage for high series, 750 and 724 it would be
    Because you didn't start bowling until the integrity of the sport had been thrown out the window.

Every record that had stood the test of time, has been obliterated since 1998.

The 5 man team series bowled in the 1950's was still the record in the late 1990's.

That was bowled by 5 professionals.

Now that gets beat by house bowlers.

In the 1930's Allie Brant shot 886. That stood until the 1990's when someone shot a sanctioned 899.

I think one of the few records that has survived from the 50's is the number of consecutive clean games. 66.

I'm not sure they truly mean clean as in no opens.

At one time, not picking up a split was considered different than missing a 10 pin.

Chats: 891

I shot my 1st 300 game back in 2010 on my 2nd year of bowling at the end of the season that 300 I shot what about 12 different lines I was not consistent,

now I just need to fix my bowling balls and get my thumb fixed in my rumble its too big thumb keeps falling out or making me squeeze the ball causing me to pull to push the ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

In bag- , storm iq tour pearl , columbia 300 white dot, Brunswick meanstreak brawler, 900 global network, roto-grip rumble, DV8 nightmare

youth bowling Canada member

high game: 300
    high series: 699

this season high Game: 249
    this season high Series: 618

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Started bowling in 1975 on a team with an unwritten rule of no practice allowed outside of the warm-up prior to league. Didn't really take the game seriously until 2008 when I switched hands. Still waiting for 300 #1. Last game tonight I had the front 7. Closest I've come so far. All the 270+ games that I've shot, the spare has come before the fifth frame.
    John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123