Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling Fitness Advice

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Some of my friends laugh that bowling is good exercise. These people have never seen me practice!!! I work up a total drench sweat and am feeling it afterwards.

Practicing by yourself or with a bowling buddy is much better exercise than playing in a league. Leagues serve their useful purposes - social, excitement, document your progress, etc. But you spend too much time sitting don waiting for the other bowlers to do their turn.

I'm 55, started from zero fitness and bowl more than you're suggesting. My best advice is to take some lessons or solicit tips from experienced bowlers. So many injuries and persistent bowling pains are caused by poor form.

Will you be starting with a straight ball or finger-tip? Have you ever bowled before? Are you planning league and tournament play?

Hope this helps,
    Ltmc

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Byte in the desert View Post
    Some of my friends laugh that bowling is good exercise. These people have never seen me practice!!! I work up a total drench sweat and am feeling it afterwards.

Practicing by yourself or with a bowling buddy is much better exercise than playing in a league. Leagues serve their useful purposes - social, excitement, document your progress, etc. But you spend too much time sitting don waiting for the other bowlers to do their turn.

I'm 55, started from zero fitness and bowl more than you're suggesting. My best advice is to take some lessons or solicit tips from experienced bowlers. So many injuries and persistent bowling pains are caused by poor form.

Will you be starting with a straight ball or finger-tip? Have you ever bowled before? Are you planning league and tournament play?

Hope this helps,
    Ltmc
    I'm 54 and started back bowling this year. I'm horribly out of shape. the first time I was back on the lanes, Oh. My. God! I haven't been that sore since I was doing Taekwondo three times a week in my early 40s. The arm and leg weakness was really noticeable.

Chats: 304

Maybe this is what I need to take a break from bowling for. Getting in better shape. like a few months, i guess
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12