Thread: Bowling with a cold ...

Default Bowling with a cold ...

So I woke up this morning with a snotty nose, coughing, and sneezing. I don't feel bad physically but I wonder how people feel about bowling with others who are obviously sick with a cold. The only time I have bowled sick in the past was for a tournament where I had already paid and my team could not find a sub on such short notice. During that one I was sick with worst than a cold and barely made it through the block and don't remember driving home just waking up 18 hours later to find out we had placed well.

Anyways though how do you feel about people bowling sick around you? My local alley is pretty cramped in the bowling area where no matter how careful you are you will probably bump into someone at some point so I am wondering if I should just go ahead and bowl since it is just a cold or if I should consider taking the night off and getting a sub to avoid possibly causing someone else to catch a cold?

I personally don't have an issue with it assuming you cover your coughs/sneezes.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

People get sick, it happens. No different than being anywhere else with someone who's got a cold, doesn't bother me as long as you're not coughing and sneezing on me. Just don't go if you're gonna puke all night in the bathroom : P

Keep the high fives to a minimum if any.
    BowlingVids.com -- USBC Tennessee (2204-27181) California (222-32895)

IndexGenie.com -- In The Bag --> Roto Grip Wrecker - Roto Grip Hyper Cell - Storm Polar Ice Hybrid

hey man, unless you live in florida this thing outside is called winter, and with that cold and flu season. if i see a bowler not suffering from the cold or flu, i ask them what their taking! hahahaha i always catch it every year! so i feel your pain
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Chats: 4

I'm glad I went and took my flu shot this year first
    one I've took in 38 years decided to go ahead and
    take it this year.

I usually get the flu every year and I always say I'll
    get the shot next year then I keep putting it off and
    then I've got the flu again but hopefully I'll not get it
    this year.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    I personally don't have an issue with it assuming you cover your coughs/sneezes.
    Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    Pretty much these two things......other than that, have fun.
    Company League Average: 198.1
    City League Average: 186.5
    WTBA Sport pattern League Average: 172.9
    Current Arsenal: Roto Grip Nomad Pearl, Wrecker, and Hyper Cell; Track 920A and 505A; Storm Tropical Breeze; Plastic Spare Ball

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by circlecity View Post
    No handshakes either. Fist bumps are OK.

Oddly enough, many people bowl better when not 100% healthy. I think it's one part not having the strength to muscle the ball, one part not thinkink about anything other than getting through the frame and sitting back down.
    John

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    No handshakes either. Fist bumps are OK.

Oddly enough, many people bowl better when not 100% healthy. I think it's one part not having the strength to muscle the ball, one part not thinkink about anything other than getting through the frame and sitting back down.
    Good Point,,, and I don't know why, but that has been the case for ICE in the past also. It just depends on how sick! I have had some great games
    just after being sick! Maybe its because your so SICK of being SICK, that your ready for something that X's your fancy! who knows, scientist are working the reason why!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Made it through the night pretty well but people kept trying to high five me even after I told them I was sick and didn't want to get anyone else sick. Didn't help I opened the first 2 games with hambones LOL.