Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Hammer Bad A$$ first look.

Hammer Bad A$$
    Weight: 15lb 4oz., Top weight: 3 1/4oz.
    Pin: 2 5/8"

Basic 5" X 4" layout.
    Actual #'s:
    Pin 5" from pap in the ring finger, with the CG 4.5" from the pap. CG is on the Midline 1 1/2" from the grip center.

Basically the same layout as my Meanstreak Beatdown. PSO said it would get a little more length than the Beatdown and should go well with it.

Tried the ball out for 3 games just after drilling on the afternoon mystery shot. Mainly to check fit and get a basic idea of the reaction.

Started at 12 at the arrows and as the games progressed was able to move in just past 3rd arrow. Had a little oil toward the center and I felt the backends seemed a little tame.

Pretty much as long as you got it out past 10, the ball would come back. About the only place it didn't come back from was around the 1-2 board (see game 2, fifth frame .(I believe though it would have if I had more rev's.)

The ball motion is very consistant, I got good length, the backend was strong and pretty angular off the breakpoint. The ball had a good roll going into the pins and carried light hits well.

Even with my low rev's, I was able to get further left than I normally do with most symmetrical balls. I was standing on 35 toward the end (Game 3, frames 7 on) which was surprising.

It did get more length than the Beatdown, the beatdown was a bit too early compared to it.

Will have to see how it does on the fresh and the breakdown.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Nice shooting,,, Thinking about either getting the hammer Bad A$$, or the New IQ Storm ball coming out Dec 15 I believe!

I must say the Hammer Deadly-Aim both, been fantastic balls!!! But then Storm is the company that gave me the two perfect games a while back!

I like what I have heard about this new IQ!
    Last edited by bowl1820; 11-22-2014 at 03:39 PM. Reason: adjust bbcode
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Chats: 4

I'm thinking very seriously about getting rid of all of
    my equipment and using all Hammer balls I really like
    the looks of the Hammer Bad A$$ and the reviews are
    all pretty good on it.

I've decided if I do happen to switch to all Hammer balls
    my bag will have the Bad A$$, the Viral, the Blue Hammer,
    the Deadly Aim, and most likely the Burgundy Hammer in
    there and possibly a Hammer Tough Carbon Fiber spare ball
    also.

Then again I've not really made a definitive decision on which
    brand I'm going to go with strictly yet because I do like Storm
    and the Roto Grip brand that is what most of my equipment is
    right now.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

I must admit being new to hammer balls, those two Dealdly-Aims Icegod owns have a great look for sure, but then so does my hyper-cell! These are my go to balls at the present time. Are there any balls that don't have a GREAT LOOK??? LOL
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Hammers have been a pretty good balls, I've had several over the years going back to the Faball hammers Like The org. Faball Burgundy and the Powder blue hammer.

The later 3D Offset series were fantastic balls too.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 32

I had the Faball Blue Pearl Hammer and it was my favorite ball ever. It got stolen and I tried to replace it with the Faball Blue Hammer the more surfaced one never liked it even tried adding polish to make it more like the Pearl and it never worked for me.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I guess that I'm going to go have a BadAss drilled up
    this evening if I don't change my mind and maybe have
    a Deadly Aim drilled up or another Hammer ball also.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Okay took the plunge and had a BadAss drilled up
    pin down and also had the new Hammer black and
    Blue Spike drilled pin up also. I will get a couple of
    pics posted up when I get them took I've not had
    the time yet to get them done.
    Bill

i changed the surface on my badass to 1000 light polish (applied by hand w/o spinner) and this ball is a monster on my home lanes, i bowl a THS with out the bumper pattern, in fact he likes to put oil from gutter to gutter, so i needed my ball to dig a little deeper than the 1500 oob
    "watching pros throw countless strikes in a you tube video, is like watching
    super models in bikini's eating cheeseburgers on the hood of a pickup. sex sells"

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaneshu87 View Post
    i changed the surface on my badass to 1000 light polish (applied by hand w/o spinner) and this ball is a monster on my home lanes, i bowl a THS with out the bumper pattern, in fact he likes to put oil from gutter to gutter, so i needed my ball to dig a little deeper than the 1500 oob
    Note: the O.O.B. of the Bad A SS is not 1500.

The O.O.B. is 500/2000/ Powerhouse Factory Finish Polish done at 300RPM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast