Right Handed
Ball weight: 15
Rev Rate: 378
Ball Speed: 18.2
Axis Tilt: 6.67
Axis Rotation: 45*
PAP: 4 1/8 horizontal, 11/16 up
Layout: 50 x 4 x 50

I decided to use this layout because I wanted a few different asymmetrical cores with the same drill to see how much the reaction can differ. It really has enlightened me to have 3 balls with the same layout and see totally different reactions. Early on, this ball won me over.

Using it on a THS, I was just standing left, trying to bounce it out to the dry (right of 9) from our puddle (around 10-12). With the OOB finish, the Sinister acquired lane shine rather quickly, which is probably a good thing. This layout causes it to be early and shape like a banana. I like the overall movement and as it shined up, it got a bit more length and turned the corner quite strong. I was really able to open the lane up and just migrate left deeper into the puddle, making 2-1 moves. It never gave up and as long as I kept my speed consistent, there were no issues as the conditions broke down.

I also used this one on the Kegel Abbey Road pattern. The tournament was uber-high scoring and everyone was talking about how it played like a beefed-up house shot. I could not argue. I started around 25, rolling at 15 at the arrows, swinging out to about 6-10 (plenty of room…), and never looked back. Because of the volume, I only made a couple of 2-1 moves over the course of the 4 games, while moving pairs. I ended up averaging in the 240s and qualifying for the stepladder as the 2 seed. I didn’t win the tournament, but being able to use this ball for the entire tournament, including the stepladder was quite impressive. The overall motion was really nice, which I assume was because of the volume. It wasn’t as early and made a bit of a sharper move at the end of the pattern, which had great results.

I can say that this ball will go anywhere I do when the pattern is anything with medium or medium long lengths and there is volume. I find that the more I roll it, the more I like it.

The Roto Grip Sinister…you should #OwnIt!