Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Blood Moon

Default Pyramid Blood Moon

Hey guys,
    I just curious about the pyramid blood moon ball. I just ordered it because the price was really good. Do any of you have experienced on this ball?

I doubt many have experience with it since it came out sometime this week and they chopped the price in half for their black friday sale. bowlingball.com posted a video of them throwing it and it looked pretty nice.

Chats: 221

The core looks like the core from the 900Global Lunatic and Jewel, both of them are great rolling balls do this one should roll great too

Chats: 4

The price looks to be a good deal on this ball yeah the
    ball looks like it does roll pretty good in the video. I might
    just break down and order one today or tomorrow for the
    price of $79.99 it is worth the gamble.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 204

Yeah, I looked at it as well. The price is good…but I just don't have enough experience/confidence in Pyramid balls to know if it's a "good deal" or not. Bowlingball.com…I actually LOVE the website and folks there…I've bought more than 1 ball from them and highly recommend them. BUT…you do have to check around on what the "savings" really is. They LOVE to mark a ball up to $225 and then give a $100 off discount to attract buyers. And thats fine…but on most other sites…thats a $159 ball and is marked down about $30. Ends up being the same price.

I don't see the Blood Moon as a truly high performance ball. So, $119-$169 is kinda what I'd expect as a price….Black Friday special…$70-$120.

Now…the REAL DEAL….is the Futera Exile…and I bought one of those and considered buying two. MSRP $239…marked at $144.99…reduced to $104.99. On a competitor's site…$144.95 marled down to $139.95. Another site has it at like $137.99. So just over $100 and free shipping…even though it's being marked down because the new intrigue is out…is a GREAT price on a pro performance ball like the Exile.

I've heard mixed reviews on the Exile…not sure how well it's selling. People seem to prefer the Optimus in terms of a "skid/flip" ball. But, for just over $100…I gotta add it to the closet of destiny.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

im lookin at the blood moon to . keep us updated

Chats: 304

There's actually a contest to win a free one of these on pyramid's facebook page. You can check into that, as well
    My bowling balls include:
    Brunswick Brute Strength, Brunswick Mastermind Genius, DV8 Endless Nightmare, DV8 Diva, DV8 Diva Pearl, DV8 Marauder Mutiny, & Brunswick White Viz-A-Ball spare ball

Chats: 64

I own quite a few Pyramid bowling balls. The technology is as good as anything on the market and I believe the coverstocks are superior. Mine keep rolling with regular maintenance and have not lost any of their pop. My Chosen Path has well over 1500 games on it and still reacts strong.

I was a big Hammer and Storm guy but decided a couple years back to give Pyramid a shot, the prices were awesome, and bowlingball.com is very reliable. I now have just about every Pyramid ball in their line and bowlingball.com drills my stuff using switch grips and it really could not be easier. I save a huge amount of money which allows me to buy more bowling balls.

I had sent in a ball that was fit properly and they copied down to the bevel using a thumb mold inside a switch grip, they even resurfaced my old ball when they sent it back along with the new one.

I have already thrown the Blood Moon for about 24 games and was so impressed with the reaction that I order two more, one with a different finish and one pinned differently. I really like that I can customize the surface on bowlingball.com's website at no extra charge.

I do highly recommend the Blood Moon, along with all the Pyramid line, and the service and customer service at bowlingball.com, they are great. There tech help is far better than my local shop and I saved about a $100.

Hope you give it a try. You will be happy.

Good bowling friends,

Chats: 0

I couldn't pass up the deal -- ordered a Blood Moon with some $$ I'd saved back. At $79.99, I figure I can't go wrong. So far, I've been really impressed with Pyramid's customer service; I'm hoping that performance carries over into their ball production. I don't know anyone who throws a Pyramid, so I'm going into this cold. If I don't like it, I can give to one of my kids.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I couldn't pass up the deal -- ordered a Blood Moon with some $$ I'd saved back. At $79.99, I figure I can't go wrong. So far, I've been really impressed with Pyramid's customer service; I'm hoping that performance carries over into their ball production. I don't know anyone who throws a Pyramid, so I'm going into this cold. If I don't like it, I can give to one of my kids.
    Good to see you back on the site RV hope things are going well for you.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast