Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took the plunge!

Chats: 5

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    This is the last answer I'd expect to hear from you Aslan. Are you just incapable of agreeing with Mike W. about anything?

"And you mention "tournaments". You'll get laughed at throwing a plastic ball in tournaments. You'd have to find a handicap tournament that gives generous handicap…which are few and far between. And even if you do…you'll be the only guy throwing a plastic ball as a strike ball." Really? Are we back in middle school or junior high school when we thought "everyone" was watching us like hawks to catch us doing something dorky? My advice is for Cajun to sign up for some tournaments as soon as he has an established average (usually >21games in a sanctioned league) and some confidence that his skills are improving.
    Its all good J.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and you jsut have to take them all with a grain of salt..

I can kinda relate to this with Pool.

I shot pool for about 12 years... serious pool.....gambling and tournaments. Just same thing could be had with seeing a guy gamble for $500 with a $45 production made stick compare to his opponent using a $1200 custom made cue......and the guy with the cheapsie coming out winner!.

But I wont take it personal... Im hear to learn and perhaps if Im lucky...get decent .

Half the league players and people in this area use Plastic.... so if anything.. Im just a new face ....and when they arent looking..... I will sneak in and rob the tournament

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    "And you mention "tournaments". You'll get laughed at throwing a plastic ball in tournaments. You'd have to find a handicap tournament that gives generous handicap…which are few and far between. And even if you do…you'll be the only guy throwing a plastic ball as a strike ball." Really? Are we back in middle school or junior high school when we thought "everyone" was watching us like hawks to catch us doing something dorky?
    Yes. We only thought we left middle school/high school behind us. It's still there. And even JAnderson knows that. Everyone know that.

No? Then why don't we just wear boxer shorts and sweat pants? I mean, boxers and sweatpants…VERY comfy! Weddings, Funerals, job interviews…I mean, if we're truly not concerned about how others view us.

Don't care. Please. Billion dollar industries exist globally that ONLY exist…because what others think is still important to us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12