Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: You can't handle the truth!!

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Huh. You could say that about any sport, though. sometimes a "world championship" team wins by a score of 2. Or 7. Even if the "loser" loses by 1 point, they've lost just as much as if they'd lost by 70.

The game of bowling (aw we know) has its success determined by how many pins you knock down. A slow domino-effect strike counts just as much as one that shatters the pins with a mighty explosion of power. Does it really matter if the pins are knocked down by a rubber ball, a high-end reactive ball, on wood, or on synthetic, or with what kind of oil pattern? Is Michael Phelps any less of an athlete than Mark Spitz? Is Peyton Manning any less a quarterback than Broadway Joe? You tell me, and, while you're at it, tell me by what standards you're doing the measuring.

Right on,,, right on!! Score no matter how = who the fricken winner is of a game! I think what mike is saying is the whole sport of bowing is so damn easy now days that anyone,,, even ASLAN can beat him on a given day!

Now is Aslan a better bowler then mike white? hummmmmmmm,,,,, not sure I haven't been around them enough to know. Getting beat in a game by someone with a much lower average, doesn't mean that he is necessarily better then you, but it does mean he/she was better then you that game!

Mabye that's what MIke is talking about,, at least it's better then hearing about the old days, and lane conditions now being way too EASY!!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-29-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    If I read this correctly, your two leagues print the sheet differently, and the way they print it reflects the difference in the league rules.

Bottom line is we have a cry baby getting worked up over ink on paper. And THAT is the truth.

Not quite, both leagues print out the "true" stats... one person can be listed for high game, series, average, etc (same with teams). However, in the mixed league awards at the end of the season an individual will only win one award vs a sweep of all the awards. In the competitive league whomever is highest gets the award regardless of whether they've already won.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456