Thread: I could have probably done better, but...

Default I could have probably done better, but...

Went bowling recreationally on Tuesday, and shot 181, 225, 188.

If I can get the problems with my thumb hole figured out, I'm hoping to do even better.

Chats: 0

Get that thumb fixed! A clean thumb release will easily add pins to your total.

Chats: 204

I can't wait for the day I finally get my thumb issues fixed. But it's a difficult process. You gotta have a smooth release and a good fit. If your fit is good, but you change your release…the thumb can be a problem again. If you fix your release, then you may need to adjust the fit again.

Honestly, if I didn't have that thumb blister, I probably could have gone 200+ that third game. It's almost healed now, and I bought some equipment that I hope will remedy the problem. I bought a thumb protector and some of those cushion things you put in the thumb hole. I'm hoping that at 1/8", along with the thumb protector, that will be just enough.

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm also hoping this can help me get more revs. I bought a glove that can hopefully help me keep my wrist straight. I think my "rev" problem is possibly me not keeping my wrist straight or slightly cupped.

Chats: 32

Monte,

Invest in some Robby's Skin protector and apply it before you start bowling I had serious issues and used this for a long time before finally figuring my grip out. The trick to it is applying it to the problem area before there is a problem. Helped me tremendously and its cheap.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Monte,

Invest in some Robby's Skin protector and apply it before you start bowling I had serious issues and used this for a long time before finally figuring my grip out. The trick to it is applying it to the problem area before there is a problem. Helped me tremendously and its cheap.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into picking some up! Maybe I'll simply apply it to the trouble area before I start my first game.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely look into picking some up! Maybe I'll simply apply it to the trouble area before I start my first game.
    That's what I did. Eventually I figured out some pitch changes that helped and realized part of the problem was me gripping the ball even though I didn't think I was.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone