Thread: The Bad A$$ a new learning experience begins....

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default The Bad A$$ a new learning experience begins....

A grim first night with the new ball, I shot 498.

Scores

To start I wasn't feeling up to par, do to the recent cold snap here. So this isn't the best review I could do

Though I feel I made the proper moves and such though the night. I can't say I used the ball as well as I could have.
    But I did get some ideas as to the balls performance and lane play needed. That I hope will help with a tournament this coming Sunday.

We had good fresh oil for league, the pattern is a medium oil THS about 41' to the end of the buff. The ball was at the O.O.B. and I have about a average speed and lower rev's.

I used the ball all three games to see how it changed through the night. Main problem was speed control, My energy kept fluctuating and I'd slow down and speed up.

I'll use this clipped image To illustrate my lane play compared to how they used it in the Bad A$$ video.

Practice: I started at my usual spot (see the green line in the picture), I already figured I'd have start farther in. But wanted to see how it played using the track area. This was definately not the place to play the ball.

If it went out past 10 it was headed left, I could pull it and as long as it stayed in the oil it would hold well.

(Games 1-3 see the red line in the picture)
    Game 1: I moved left standing about 26 and shooting for 3rd arrow, this was the place to start. With my low rev's I have a hard time getting the back from outside. Not so with this ball, it would easily come back.

All I had to do was stroke it and let it roll off my hand. Which was the problem with the first game, I was fish hooking my fingers in the holes causing me to lift it and pull. Which made it erratic, like in the 4th frame I took out the 7 pin corner with it.

Game 2: Moved left more, with the exception of frames 6-7 all shots were pocket hits. of the other reviews I've read. They felt the ball was over/under with the OOB and knocked the shine off to stabilize it.

I'll agree with that, I think it would have helped here. (I'll be making that change.)

Game 3: Wound up standing on 35 and shooting between 3rd & 4th arrow. I rarely play that deep because I had a hard time bringing it back from outside. So usually I'd play it closer to the headpin, which would work but I tend pull it.

But as I said earlier this ball would easily come back.

The line they used in The Ron Hickland video I posted was right on. I wish I had seen it before hand. For a symmetrical ball it was surprising angular. I was impressed with the movement I got with my lower rev's.

I'm going to have to practice playing the inside more now that I have a ball I can bring back easier. I think it will fit in well with my others once I learn to use it better, it's a different look to my others.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Wow. A ball that a low rev player can get to have an angular backend?? AND it's a symmetric core? Interesting.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

WHAT,,, are you trying to tell ICEGOD that this Bad A$$ is better then both of my Deadly-Aims!!?? Looks impressive, I am looking forward to hearing from REAL WORLD owners of this ball. I know my first experience with hammer, and the Deadly-Aim has been GREAT!

I know I use to be a Bad-Ask in my day,,, back when I put up the Iron, but now I am 66, and desecration is the better part of valor!

Don't get me wrong,,, this old Missouri M ule still has some Bad A$$ KICK! LOL I just might have to look into getting this ball, need more real world data, or send one to: Test a Ball Icegod.com!
    Last edited by MICHAEL; 11-27-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Hey bowl1820, just wondering if you've had any more experience with the ball or seen any difference in reaction with surface changes to a more continuous motion?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Hey bowl1820, just wondering if you've had any more experience with the ball or seen any difference in reaction with surface changes to a more continuous motion?
    Well I haven't been bowling to good for the last several weeks, so I haven't really used the ball much. At least not enough to make a comment on it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker