Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slingshot

Chats: 32

I like the green especially with the black marble and think the pink one is pretty good looking too. The only people I have ever seen using a slingshot was as spare balls. I don't see a huge amount of Brunswick stuff the couple that have strike kings have looked ok to me for a entry level ball.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

I see a lot of people throwing Ebonite Cyclones and Tropical Breezes. Mostly beginners, but it seems like if the pro shop is going to sell some new a bowler an entry level ball...they seem to be pushing the Cyclone. If a new bowler wants Storm...then they get the Tropical Breeze. More informed bowlers or those getting their second ball tend to get into the Hammer Arson or a lot of the Rotogrip stuff.

I don't see much Brunswick either. Storm, Hammer, and Rotogrip seem to be dominanting the lanes. The Masterminds and Mastermind Geniuses I saw a lot of...espcielly in tournaments or sport shots...but not so much in THS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    I know it's not more popular. I've yet to see someone throwing a Strike King on the lanes.
    Who said anything about popularity??????? I said the strike king was stronger and has more backend than the slingshot....has a stronger cover and more differential

Keep in mind that every year cover materials get stronger. While the very low differential doesn't mean a whole lot, just the fact that the Strike King is new tells you that it has a stronger cover. Why do you think that urethane is showing increased popularity. Even weak covers are just too strong for some lower speed bowlers who insist on playing the second arrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12