Thread: Show off your Thanksgiving Spread!

Default Show off your Thanksgiving Spread!

So we had 2 thanksgiving events this year. For the first one we went out to eat with my wife's Grandmother and Aunt on Thanksgiving and then we had one today with my mother, stepfather and close family friends which we hosted.

First we have the Turkey ... 13.5 Ibs soaked in a brine of sugar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and soy sauce for 24 hours. The the skin was separated from the breast and bacon was stuffed between the skin and the breast and then it was covered in 2 bacon weaves. It was smoked on a vertical charcoal smoker with charcoal and apple wood chunks for 14 hours over night (yes it was a long night staying up babysitting it but so worth it).

Second we have a 25 Ib. Ham that was slow cooked on an electric smoker oven for 16 hours. It was dressed with whole cloves, pineapple, and cherries.

And of course we had plenty of sides including ... mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, dinner rolls, and Pastelón (Sweet Plantain Lasagna).

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

ICEGOD, keeps coming back to your thread,,,, hummmmm,,,,hum!!!! Makes my mouth WATER,,,,,, not good when your ICEMAN! Means your cooking is making my tempature rise!!! It-do-look-good!!!!! How was it???? As good as it looks????
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Blog Entries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0-o7wViW10#t=20

This turkey had ENOUGH! JUST not going to take it anymore!! Not going to be pushed around!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!

Banned
    Chats: 68

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    Good one, lol
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    The thanksgiving of Surfers!!! Hey mike,,, do you watch television while eating your: _ _ dinner! ( what's the missing two letters)
    One thing I like about many of them TV dinners is the fact that they were in highly toxic aluminum,,, hummmmm,,, hummm! Great for Brain Cells, and Surfing! I don't think they make them in aluminum anymore, its almost all plastic, with it's own set of dangerous health issues!
    Don't walk on Thin Ice!