Thread: Do not open unless you want to know who #1 & #2 for the top 50 of all time will be

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Default Do not open unless you want to know who #1 & #2 for the top 50 of all time will be

DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO #1 & #2 FOR THE PBA TOP 50 OF ALL TIME WILL BE BEFORE SUNDAYS TV SHOW

#2 wALTER rAY wILLIAMS

#1 Earl Anthony

I feel the PBA got this right
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

I think it will be reversed #1 Williams #2 Anthony

It should be Anthony #1 and WRW #2, but unfortunately, WRW is more marketable, so they will vote him #1, so that they can sell more advertising, etc.
    www.mrbowling300.net High Game: 300 High Series: 833 (266-267-300), High Average 231 Equipment: Storm Hy-Road, DV8 Brutal Nightmare, DV8 Diva, Columbia White Dot.
    http://mrbowling300.com/mrb300avatar.gif

Super Moderator
    Chats: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jaws1945 View Post
    I think it will be reversed #1 Williams #2 Anthony
    Theres nothing to think ....I had posted that from the red rock. This is the final 2 in that order and everyone LOOK for me on the show Ill be in the media section
    ~Brian Hirsch~
    VISE Staff Member
    Bowlingboards.com You're #1 Online Bowling Forums

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

I think for the time, Earl Anthony was great. He was the first to make a million and if he would have had more competition maybe he would have stayed longer.

Now for the next 50, WRW might be there. Can you imagine anyone now doing what these great bowlers have done?
    Go Broncos!

I totally agree - Williams is great now, but it's hard to match up greatest of all times from now and then in any sport. I would have voted for Anthony too.

It's hard to compare then (equipment, lanes, oil, etc) to what we have now. We know the enhancements make us all a little better, some of us it makes us a lot better. Accuracy is ou the window in my opinion in today's game, except for sport conditions and Flat patterns. The THS has just attracted the people today for money.

It's what we have, we have to deal with it and skim through the game to get what we want out of it. No matter how much hdcp, lane conditions, or equipment changes is present.
    Visionary Bowling Staff Representative &
    Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

You were right Earl the Pearl was ranked #1
    I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Senior event in which he was +450 in qualifying. He was a very cordial and friendly guy, and from what i heard was quite a baseball player in his younger days.

Founder/Owner

Blog Entries
    Chats: 651

Quote Originally Posted by jaws1945 View Post
    You were right Earl the Pearl was ranked #1
    I had the pleasure of meeting him at a Senior event in which he was +450 in qualifying. He was a very cordial and friendly guy, and from what i heard was quite a baseball player in his younger days.

Wow I never knew he played baseball.
    Go Broncos!

Chats: 1

He was a minor league pitcher with some promise before he hurt his elbow. That's why you never saw his left arm completely straight. He learned his craft as an "action" bowler. He would gamble his weekly paycheck on games at the local alley.