I tested the Hysteria on my 39-foot house shot as well as tournament conditions. I was able to use this ball equally as well under both conditions. The 1500 polished the box finish matched up perfectly for these conditions.

My Hysteria is drilled with the pin above the fingers with the CG kicked out toward the PAP. This ball was clean through the front end and produced about 4-6 inches of flare. The ball rolled strong off my hand and in the mid-lane the ball revved up nicely and made a solid, strong move to the pocket. This ball was devastating as it continued to drive through the pin deck (what I have come to expect from Roto Grip).

The Hysteria has a very predictable reaction, and with the 2.58 RG and .049 differential and the late roll cover with a polished finish makes it a great addition for the lower rev medium speed league player.

As the lanes transition, I could simply move left, play a little deeper and continue to use this ball. I found this ball to be a littler longer than the Asylum or Disturbed. The solid cover of the Hysteria allows the ball to read the fresh oil nicely and make a nice predictable move off the dry area.

What I enjoyed the most about this ball is the predictability of the cover. It produced a nice steady hook to the pocket. I was getting 4-6 inches of flair and bouncing the ball off the dry all night.

The Hysteria is a great ball for the league or tournament. This ball will make a nice addition to anyone’s arsenal.

Mike Johnston
Roto Grip Staff