Thread: Shout out to Ed's Pro Shop in Kenosha.

Chats: 10

Default Shout out to Ed's Pro Shop in Kenosha.

I called a pro shop as I thought I had to get my span fixed on the ball. I felt I had to grab the ball a lot more to hang on to it. I asked how much to plug and redril with the slug and he said $32.00 which compared to other places near me was cheaper, others were between $40-50. I brought it in and after measuring my hand and comparing it to the ball, he said it was fine. He compared that ball to another ball that I had which felt great and he said it was really close to being the same. After some investigating, he noticed how the slugs were made of different materials, sorry I don't remember what material. But the one I had issue with was slicker, easy to get out. So he simply put some textured tap inside and it did a trick. For his time and all he didn't charge a cent. He spent his time on me as he had things to do, a bunch of Xmas drilling and orders and was the nicest guy. I know a few places that would off plugged and drilled for the money. But this guy just wants to help his customers bowl better. Even though I just got some new materials elsewhere towel, puff ball and cleaner, I bought some more to show my thanks. These are the type of places we need. Will buy my next ball from him. If ever in Kenosa, WI go to Ed's shop at the GRC.
    In my bag: Roto Grip UFO, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused and Roto Grip Hustle hyb

League High Series: 745 (12/23/19) High Game: 300 (11/23/15)

Proud member of BowlingBoards.com

Chats: 0

Great story! Some pro shops are run by great people. I'll.check him out if I'm ever back up there.

I love this story too! It's great to hear of the good pro shops out there! Especially since I'm in need of some fitting and drilling work soon.
    I think another big factor is trying to get in there at off hours...obviously, right before or after leagues is going to be crazy busy and they won't have as much time or patience. I love going into the pro shop on my lunch hour when the center is usually pretty dead.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

It's important to find a good pro shop that you can trust. I moved all my business to a pro shop that's 45 minutes (one way) away from me. While there are plenty of pro shops closer to me, I just didn't trust their work. One pro shop that's close to my house would never return my calls or emails. All I wanted was a price on a new ball and what it would be to drill. Needless to say, if that guy would have returned my calls or emails, he wouldn't have missed out on 3 ball sales, and a bag sale. So while he may not have known I was interested in more than one ball at the time, he apparently doesn't care about earning a new customer who was willing to purchase more than the one ball I originally inquired about.