Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: General Annoyances with High Rev ballers...a mini rant/observation

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    That sounds very interesting in terms of format.

Do players change position if their handicaps go up and down? What if you are #2 with a starting average of 183 and your leadoff person has a 179. But as the season progresses...your leadoff bowler's average goes above your #2 bowler? Do they automatically switch positions? What if your team comes in with THIS:

Player 1: 178
    Player 2: 190
    Player 3: 190

Total = 558

By the end of the season their averages are:
    Player 1 = 183
    Player 2 = 195
    Player 3 = 191

Total = 569

Is that team forced to disband because they are over the 560 limit? If so, I'd be tempted to add in a clause that established teams can stay together even if their team exceeds 560...it would amost be an incentive that keeps the league strong and teams coming back...because if a team member leaves...you might have to find a 160 average bowler to get your team back under 560. Of course, that could also lead to some real sandbagging issues if a team with a few 220 average bowlers...tank a season and get a 185 book...all get in the league...then start bowling in the 220s...and there's no way to get rid of them at that poing even though they as a team are at 660 instead of 560.
    I may be wrong since I've only bowled in one league that had an average cap, and my regular leagues do only team points.

Since most leagues that I've seen with individual match points allow one team to change their lineup after the first team has entered theirs, I would think that in Rob's league the line up would change automatically if one player passes a teammate in average.

In leagues with a cap, the cap is only on entering averages. It is one of the downsides of that king of league that teams will often be forced to drop a bowler or two from one season to the next to stay under the cap.
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Basically it's just a standard Match Point System. The only difference is they are using handicap on the team part.

In the Match Point system each player bowls against the player opposite them in the opponent’s lineup. The points are awarded on an individual and team basis.

Typically in this system a teams lineup is sorted by average, starting from the lowest average player to highest average player. Then the players bowl against each other respectively for each point in a game.

(Note: Lineup doesn't have too be sorted by average. If the league or tournament rules permit you to set the lineup another way. Also one of USBC's rules regarding Match point is "The team scheduled on the odd lane enters its lineup first." But This wouldn't really apply if your sorting by average.)

As the bowler's average changes through out the season, the line up would also.

As for the team cap, that's typically just for entering averages, that doesn't limit what your average throughout the season.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 01-02-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    As for the team cap, that's typically just for entering averages, that doesn't limit what your average throughout the season.
    I'm just wondering what people think about having a hard cap where if the team exceeds the cap, they'd have to drop a player and pick another one up prior to the next season…OR…having a hard cap for entry but so long as the averages don't ever exceed say 100 pins more than the hard cap….and provided they don't change ANY team members…they could stay in the league with the elevated average.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The cap is for entering averages only. Part of the fun of picking a team is trying to find bowlers who will raise their averages to give them an advantage. The downside is that the better the bowlers on you team perform, the less chance there is that they will be together again next year. Our team entered at 864 and we are currently at 873. We came in 20th out of 32 teams for the first quarter, and won the second quarter which guarantees us a $1500 bonus at the end of the year.

Chats: 204

Whats the weekly cost per player?

Weekly cost is $25

i rip the cover off it and still can make spares

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345