Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowling shoes.

Default Bowling shoes.

I would like some information on good bowling shoes. I will not need anything fancy just a good shoe that will last. I have seen Bowling shoes at academy sports for cheap are academy bowling shoes any good? Is one brand better?

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gone59 View Post
    I would like some information on good bowling shoes. I will not need anything fancy just a good shoe that will last. I have seen Bowling shoes at academy sports for cheap are academy bowling shoes any good? Is one brand better?
    Take a look at Bowlingball.com. Dexter, Storm, Brunswick, Pyramid, Etonic, Linds -- they're all good shoes for what you're looking for. They come in all price ranges and styles. Academy carries the same brands that BB.com carries, but BB.com will be cheaper, by and large.

Personally, I swear by Dexter. I haven't had experience with other brands, but I almost bought a pair of Etonics this past summer. For you, it's mainly going to come down to style and price. You won't go wrong with Dexter or Etonic. I understand that Pyramid shoes, either.

Cheap Dexter shoes on Amazon are a good first pair. I have been using a white pair of dexters (along with like 6 other guys in my league) and they are really nice and cheap.

So many shoes to choose from.. Its funny when trying to select which one you like BB.com is a great place to get the pairs though. I personally wear dexter although I have a pair of pyramid also that I rarely ever use.
    Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com

I am a proud winner of a Bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

The good thing about BB.com is that they have a fit guarantee, where you can send the shoes back at no charge to exchange them if they don't fit. Plus shipping is free!!!

The only suggestion i would have is if you can find a cheap pair get shoes that have slide sole and a push sole(handed specific) over a pair that is for either handed.

IMO the push sole(rubber sole) gives a much more consistent feel when bowling.
    PAP - 6 1/4 1/8 up
    speed 16-16.5 monitor
    ~400-450 revs

I am a Proud Member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Perrin View Post
    The only suggestion i would have is if you can find a cheap pair get shoes that have slide sole and a push sole(handed specific) over a pair that is for either handed.

IMO the push sole(rubber sole) gives a much more consistent feel when bowling.
    I'll second that suggestion. I didn't think dedicated soles would make that big a difference. But they do. Even to a "re-beginner" like me. Mine have helped me a lot with balance and sure-footedness. I also like that the heels are grippy now, rather than the same "slidey" material as rental shoes. I think I paid less than $60 for my dedicated Dexters. through BB.com. (I had to order a 1/2 size larger than my regular shoe size, believe it or not -- so be careful when ordering and get the "sure-fit" guarantee).

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Gone59 View Post

I bought my first bowling shoes on amazon.ca about a month ago. I got the Dexter Pro Am 2 http://www.dexterbowling.com/Product...ProductID=6312 their very comfortable and I paid $51cdn for them with tax. Just make sure you get the right ones for which arm you bowl there are left handed ones and right handed.

Been very happy with them would highly recommend them.
    Ball Arsenal:

DV8 Misfit Pearl 14Lbs

My first pair were cheapy BSI's. They served their purpose but I found that I was constantly putting on slide powder after a month or two. So I got some cheap Dexter's and hoped they would be better. I had problems with my foot sticking pretty early on because I'm not always so good at sliding on the balls of my feet. My heel tends to drag. I flat our pulled muscles and hurt myself with those shoes. Finally I sucked it up and bought SST6 from Dexter. Its amazing how nice it is to know how my slide is going to be each and every time so I can focus on the rest of my game. It has interchangable soles and heels so I should have these shoes for a long time. Found them on sale for around $80 where as the BSI's and Dexters cost about $70 all together. I wish I had bought the good shoes first.

Bowler

I currently wear about a 20 year old pair of Dexter SST 5's, going to be buying a pair of SST 8's soon.

While the shoes are expensive, if I get 20 years out of the new ones I'll be happy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast