Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pin up, or down, does it really make a differance?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by channelsurfer View Post
    And if you are referring to RobLV1 as Rob M ........He gets it and understands ball motion. As he said...... ambient temp and humidity has more effect on ball motion than static weights.
    Why ??? They are one in the same.

If he said that, and included ALL bowling balls in that comment, then he's just as wrong as you are.

It's not that static weights are weak, it just shows how strong of an effect the core has on a modern ball, and likewise, how strong the coverstock is compared to the core.

The coverstock (even on a Breeze) generates too much snap for me when I'm throwing revs.

Before you go on the record saying he understands ball motion, you really should read the full range of his thoughts on the topic.

Most of what Rob has to say, is something he's read from somewhere else.

If you dispute something, he won't defend what he said, just identify the source.

According to Rob, the moment of inertia, is the point were the ball begins to hook.

And the ball doesn't hook until the ball has revved up.
    Last edited by Mike White; 12-12-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Of course I'm referring to reactive resin balls with dynamic cores because that's what 99% of bowlers throw. My question for you Mike is what determines what days you are going to act like a normal human being, and what days you are going to go out of your way to come after me? Is it really such a threat to you when someone comments that I know what I'm talking about?
    Last edited by RobLV1; 12-12-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    This video was taken near April 1st, I had just reinjured my elbow on about Feb 20th, so I wasn't throwing revs that day.

This is a more upto date video. Even in this video there was more oil, and less lane friction than I usually bowl on, but I'm still using urethane because resin balls would snap too sharp.
    You have a nice looking game there mike.

You are seriously mistaken if you think that is 600 rpm's!!!!

And by the way.....statics mean nothing and if you believe that static imbalance means anything YOU are wrong.

The was because I didn't know if that was who you meant since I usually don't post on here......Rob M didn't match the RobLV1 screen name

Anyway I love this board.....plenty of comic relief to keep you smiling

Banned

You are seriously mistaken if you think that is 600 rpm's!!!!

And by the way.....statics mean nothing and if you believe that static imbalance means anything YOU are wrong.

The was because I didn't know if that was who you meant since I usually don't post on here......Rob M didn't match the RobLV1 screen name

Anyway I love this board.....plenty of comic relief to keep you smiling
    I'm surprised you can see enough detail to have any opinion on the rev rate, other than based on the release, there are more revs.

I have a video (not online) that is at 480 fps. It was a day where the lanes were slicker than normal so I wasn't trying to rev up the ball significantly.

In that it takes 55 frames to complete a revolution.

Doing the math, that's 523 rpm, so achieving 600 is not out of the question for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    You have a nice looking game there mike.
    To make it compatible with todays lanes, and equipment, I would need to tear it down and rebuild it almost from scratch.

I.e. I hate what they have done to the game while I was away.

Banned

You know everything on the internet is true..........I am a French model!!

Static weights mean nothing in balls today. Changing dual angle sums can create significant changes in ball motion...........those videos are garbage!!!
    Ok lets go with your theory on Static weight meaning nothing.

I have a Marvel S ball, and I want to drill it 45 x 3.5 x 50, for a dual angle sum of 95.

If I drill another similar Marvel S ball at 90 x 3.5 x 50, a sum of 140, in your opinion would the ball motion will be significantly different?

Let me warn you, you're about to find yourself in a bit of a mine field.
    Last edited by Mike White; 12-13-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Banned

And if you are referring to RobLV1 as Rob M ........He gets it and understands ball motion. As he said...... ambient temp and humidity has more effect on ball motion than static weights.
    Assuming the comments about temp and humidity come from the Ball Motion Study, on page 13.

The graph indicates side weight is a larger factor than temp, and humidity.

How does he get it, if he can't even read it?

Since you used a Marvel S that is a symmetrical ball no you would not see a significant difference unless the placement of a balance hole created it........in a asymmetrical you would see a huge difference.

Just to warn you I am not afraid of your "mine field"...... not your normal poster here.

And just so we are clear about the balance hole.......statics DO NOT change the motion it is the size, depth and placement of the hole varying the amount of core removed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast