Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st pba telecast sunday 12/14 -- will you be watching?

Banned
    Chats: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    But I can't believe Team Russell squeeked out that win despite having that one talentless player. Replay that match 10 times and it's a different outcome 9 out of 10 times. IMO
    I think the same can be said anytime you've won something in bowling.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    I think the same can be said anytime you've won something in bowling.
    Specifically speaking...are you talking about the victory over you and ZDawg in the 1ABHMSCABZI?? Or are you referring to my victory in the "Aslan vs. MWhite Wood Lanes Challenge"? I'm confused which monumentally awesome and decisive victory you are referring to.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Specifically speaking...are you talking about the victory over you and ZDawg in the 1ABHMSCABZI?? Or are you referring to my victory in the "Aslan vs. MWhite Wood Lanes Challenge"? I'm confused which monumentally awesome and decisive victory you are referring to.
    Mike said anytime so he must mean both of those as well as the victory of the surfers over the bikers.
    John

Aslan, you are absolutely correct about that barnes deal where he had to stop. You could really see that he wanted to strike twice and beat them so bad after that. He was even taking deep breaths and slowly exhaling before those shots. You know he wanted to run that second one out and point at them, honestly i wanted him to stick to them also. Just for fun obviously, but still a competition and some sportsmanship should still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Mike said anytime so he must mean both of those as well as the victory of the surfers over the bikers.
    Well...he was on my team for that victory....and lucky for him he was since I had to carry him.

As of right now...I'm OFFICIALLY 2-1 against MWhite in head-to-head competion. He's very adaptive...like a Borg shield...I beat him handicap...he gets rid of handicap...I beat him on wood lanes...he decrees that those lanes were in such bad state of repair that it shouldn't be counted. FINALLY...no handicap...on Vegas synthetic, playable lanes...with no imaginary reverse block patterns....MWhite finally defeated me as he qualified #2 in the AVI stepladder finals and I was #5.

The difficulty is...in order for me to find lanes that we could use for the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. Zdawg Southern California Invitational...it's gotta be in the Citrus Belt USBC...so ZDawg doesn't have to drive 3 hours. As tournament WINNER...I technically get to pick the next location...and I HATE bowling in Temecula almost as much as Mike does...because it's a joke, new age garbagy place with few lanes and it's always friggin hot in there and distracting......so I'm likely to pick Murrieta, which isn't much further (5-10min) for ZDawg to drive. But given how well Mike does at the Brunswick lanes in Norco...I kinda fear that he might be right in his wheelhouse at the Brunswick lanes in Murrieta.

But...thats a good reminder...I need to start making plans for the 2nd Annual tournament. I needed to get the OC BVL tournament out of the way...and Tuesday I need to find out if I'm gonna do the Orange County Open or not (waiting on a teammate to agree to be my doubles partner). Then sweeps is in March...but sometime Feb.-Apr. I'd like to get a Saturday nailed down with ZDawg for the 2nd installment. I'm sure ZDawg is anxious for round 2 now that his game is at a much higher level.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 176; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.7mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofbowling View Post
    Aslan, you are absolutely correct about that barnes deal where he had to stop.
    Being a poker player (that also bowls)...I can often just read facial expressions and body language to see things that may not be outwardly visible. And not only could you tell that Barnes was unhappy with that (despite trying not to come off that way)...but you could tell from Hardwick's expression as well as some fans that it wasn't as funny as folks thought it was. I didn't get a chance to see who did what...and I didn't get a chance to see what Ronnie Russell's response was...but between Barnes and Hardwick...it was a moment that I can best describe as, "uncomofortable".

As of right now...I'm OFFICIALLY 2-1 against MWhite in head-to-head competion.
    CORRECTION: I forgot that "technically" I'm now 2-2 since MWhite DID defeat me in the semi-finals of the 1st Annual Virtual Bowling Tour (sponsored by bowlingboards.com).

I'm 2-0 against him in PHYSICAL competition...where we bowl mono-a-mono...but in the AVI he qualified ahead of me in the stepladder finals and I got knocked out before facing him...and in the VBT he DID beat me VIRTUALLY (rolling in different centers on different days).

Just wanted to be fair and keep the record straight...2-2.

Banned

CORRECTION: I forgot that "technically" I'm now 2-2 since MWhite DID defeat me in the semi-finals of the 1st Annual Virtual Bowling Tour (sponsored by bowlingboards.com).

I'm 2-0 against him in PHYSICAL competition...where we bowl mono-a-mono...but in the AVI he qualified ahead of me in the stepladder finals and I got knocked out before facing him...and in the VBT he DID beat me VIRTUALLY (rolling in different centers on different days).

Just wanted to be fair and keep the record straight...2-2.
    How many Sundays (Sport conditions) did we bowl on the same pair?

And how many of those times did you beat me total pins?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    The Surfers over Bikers victory was a bit of a surprise to me.

Due to the structure, I expected to get stuck shooting at a large number of odd spares, but somehow Aslan threw more than his normal % of strikes.

And the fact that the bikers threw a less than normal % helped our cause.

9 times out of 10... Not sure on that, but probably close.

It's unfortunate that it wasn't recorded, since I left one of my classic solid pocket 3 pin leaves... (3 pin stopped in the 10 pin spot)

Banned

The difficulty is...in order for me to find lanes that we could use for the 2nd Annual Billy Hardwick Memorial Aslan vs. Zdawg Southern California Invitational...it's gotta be in the Citrus Belt USBC...so ZDawg doesn't have to drive 3 hours. As tournament WINNER...I technically get to pick the next location...and I HATE bowling in Temecula almost as much as Mike does...because it's a joke, new age garbagy place with few lanes and it's always friggin hot in there and distracting......so I'm likely to pick Murrieta, which isn't much further (5-10min) for ZDawg to drive. But given how well Mike does at the Brunswick lanes in Norco...I kinda fear that he might be right in his wheelhouse at the Brunswick lanes in Murrieta.
    If you thought what I did at Norco was doing well, you're in big trouble.

I've only done bad at Norco.

First of all on Sunday morning, it appears they haven't cleaned the approaches from the Saturday night parties. That caused me to move up closer and slide much less. Then add to that the Sport Patterns which seems to be designed for the guy with very little hand.

Of the Brunswick houses I bowl at in the VBT, Norco was the only one I struggled at.

Now that Brunswick houses are run by Bowlmor, it's a toss up as to what the conditions will be. Cal Bowl was known as one of the higher scoring Brunswick houses before Bowlmor took over.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast