Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 1st pba telecast sunday 12/14 -- will you be watching?

Chats: 204

Well....so far the top 5 in qualifying isn't turning out that great. But both Barnes and Parker Bohn III are still in the hunt! Looks like Liz Johnson and Mika are a bit too far back to get into that top 5...but I'll be rooting for Barnes and more so Bohn to make a run!

Chats: 256

My friend Anthony Lavery has been bowling well all week. He is currently in 15th in match play and looks to be too far out to make any kind of sizable run. Through 1 games in this last block he is 324 pins back.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

Seems strange to me that noone has mentioned that five of the top nine are lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Seems strange to me that noone has mentioned that five of the top nine are lefties.
    Yeah, i was thinking all through qualifying and match play that it was obvious the left must be playing pretty nice. I never mentioned it because it doesn't seem like any of us on here are lefty haters. I'm sure on some of the other forums guys are going nuts about it. I'm glad to see Rhino back on a show and would have been nice if PA could have made it as well. Should be a really interesting show though.

Lots of interesting things about the TOC. Aside from the number of lefties in the top 25, I think that it's relevant that a number of different styles were able to compete. Not surprising to see Belmonte and Rash as the two lone right-handers in the top five. Another thing that is becoming very apparent is that Liz Johnson is really coming into her own. Aside from the gender difference, she is also one of the only straight players who is consistently a presence to be reckoned with.

Liz is unbelievable. I have watched her a lot of games on xtra frame recently and she just puts the ball in the pocket over and over plain and simple. If not the lowest rev rate out there she has got to be close. The woman just knows how to bowl a professional game period.

Well, despite Belmo winning again…and Pressler asking the same question 99% of the time…another really good tournament by the PBA this season. Only a couple more watchable tournaments left this season before they end with the less watchable PBA League.

The Norton/Rash match was excellent. I didn't notice the lefties thing until the commentators mentioned it. It does seem like the patterns might be breaking down faster. It seems like on the last two telecasts…scores seemed to go down as the time went on. It seems to have less effect on whomever is climbing the stepladder…I'm assuming because they are making small adjustments…and more effect on the guy waiting in the chair.

It was cool to hear Marshall again. It was cool to see Mark Roth and Carmen Salvino there watching. I disagreed with Pedersen about the Belmonte/Weber incident and I'm tempted to call "conspiracy theory" because it seems like the PBA would be really reluctant to talk negatively about the current face of bowling…and more likely to say he didn't technically do anything wrong.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I really wish you'd reconsider your view of the PBA league. As a league bowler, you can learn more by watching these telecasts than anything else the PBA shows. How often do you have to follow a bowler with a rev rate/ ball speed of Jason Belmonte?

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I really wish you'd reconsider your view of the PBA league. As a league bowler, you can learn more by watching these telecasts than anything else the PBA shows. How often do you have to follow a bowler with a rev rate/ ball speed of Jason Belmonte?
    Wait…were you being sarcastic? Because the answer to question 2 is NEVER. That makes me think you were making a funny.

But no, I'm not changing my view of the PBA league until they change the format from a handful of made up pretend drafted pretend owned teams…to a more watchable format like some time of more expansive league format (which would take too much away from the WBT and Pro tour) OR they switch to a league where the ball manufactuers each have a team and bowl against each other.

And we're on to the Player's Championship!!

Very excited about this one because I got 2 favorites…Bohn and Duke both competing in the Finals. Besides WRW, Parker is probably my favorite PBA bowler.

Looks like Duke lost to Daugherty in game 1…so there goes the hopes of Duke running the table and facing Bohn in the finals. Now I gotta cheer for Daugherty's thumbless nonsense over Belmonte's 2-handed nonsense…then another tough decision of who to root for in the Russel semi-final. Probably a rare time I root for Russell.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast