Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st pba telecast sunday 12/14 -- will you be watching?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Here's a interest article that goes with this.

The 11th Frame: PBA laneman Mark Sabatine loves the challenge of his thankless job

https://www.11thframe.com/news/article/5960

The same is true with the Nationals oil pattern, you download that pattern and place it on your lanes and it won't play anything like what it actually does at the nationals.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

A lot of it has to do with how current the pattern is, as well as the type of oil used. Most of the PBA shots that are put out at local centers are several years old, left over from the days of the PBA Experience leagues. Those patterns have changed significantly. Last month I bowled in a local tournament that featured the Scorpion pattern at 41' in length. The current Scorpion pattern is 47' in length and bears no resemblance to the one used in the PBA Experience leagues.

What did everyone think about the show today. I like fagan and malott best among the guys on the show so i'm glad fagan won. Seemed like the shot was a little touchy towards the end there.

I liked a lot of what I saw of today's show, though, thanks to Direct TV, when the time ran over, I didn't get to see the last two frames.

What I especially liked:

1. Stu Williams demonstrating that you don't have to reach to the ceiling to throw a good shot.
    2. Ronnie Russell making a great showing at the World Series and showing that he is a definite force to be reckoned with on the PBA Tour.
    3. Both Wes Mallott and Stu Williams using equipment that is not the latest release, but using it because it WORKS!
    4. Jason Belmonte demonstrating that he could possibly be the best color commentator that the sport has ever seen. This was a very pleasant surprise!

Yeah, i saw several guys going to that gold iq during the world series qualifying.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I liked a lot of what I saw of today's show, though, thanks to Direct TV, when the time ran over, I didn't get to see the last two frames.

What I especially liked:

1. Stu Williams demonstrating that you don't have to reach to the ceiling to throw a good shot.
    2. Ronnie Russell making a great showing at the World Series and showing that he is a definite force to be reckoned with on the PBA Tour.
    3. Both Wes Mallott and Stu Williams using equipment that is not the latest release, but using it because it WORKS!
    4. Jason Belmonte demonstrating that he could possibly be the best color commentator that the sport has ever seen. This was a very pleasant surprise!
    I had the same problem with my DirecTV dvr....
    I also agree with the Belmo comment, it was interested to hear him say what he would do. While Randy Petersen can give some alright insight, I'd rather hear it from someone that bowled the conditions and didn't make the telecast. Hope they keep that up.

Looking forward to attending some of the USBC Masters here in Green Bay in a few weeks. The tournament is about 20 min from my house.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Wasn't a DirectTV issue, I had the same problem with AT&T Uverse, I should probably just learn to watch these things live like I do all other sporting events.

Chats: 4

I didn't have any problems watching it all on Charter cable
    it must have been a satellite problem or something.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Anyone been watching the tournament in japan on xtra frame? Some good talent and talented bowlers as well.

yes, who is your favorite player and Japanese player?

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast