Thread: Storm Crux review by Mike Craig

Chats: 0

Default Storm Crux review by Mike Craig

Lay Out 4.5" from PAP at 75* PAP angle and 35* VAL angle. Dual angle measurement would be 75/4.5/35. The pin ended up about 1/2 above my ring finger with the CG close to my center of grip. No weight hole as I wanted the direction change to be smooth. After throwing it some more, I may add one.

Surface: I left it box which is 3000 abralon.

Purpose: I wanted a strong hybrid piece in my bag since I have had good reactions from Storm balls that use ERG cover-stocks. Seeing how this is Storm's first foray into a high end hybrid, I was all ears.

Observations: The Crux is a good looking piece. I got to throw it on a 45' flat sport shot left over from a local college teams practice session the night before (Go Bucks!). I also got to put my IQ Tour Nano into play side by side with it along with a Marvel S, Zero Gravity, Lucid, IQ Tour Fusion with surface, IQ Tour Fusion-box finish, and a Prodigy that is at 2000. The Crux was stronger than the IQ Fusions easily by 3-4 boards for the 1000 abr one and 6-8 boards for the box finish one. The comparison to the Zero was the one I had the most interest in since they share the same cover-stock. The Zero just doesn't have the motor the Crux has to get thru the deck with the authority the Crux does. I also wanted to see it side by side with the two NRG cover balls in the Marvel S and IQ Tour Nano. The Tour Nano and Marvel S could match it in hook maybe even hooking a little sooner than the Crux. Hitting power was the difference as the Crux just seemed like it split the 8-9 in half on well thrown and some weaker throws.

Conclusion: The Crux looks like a good stronger ball to have in the bag. If you do not frequent heavy tournament type patterns, you may even have to shine it a little. I am going to pop some holes in another with a stronger layout to see if it can replace a couple of balls in my line up for slicker patterns.

nice review , cant wait 2 punch mine up