Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: League Night Bowling. What equipment is being used on your pair of lanes?

Chats: 0

Pyramid chosen path
    Storm punch out
    Ebonite cyclone
    Storm supernatural
    Hammer arson
    Visionary mixed breed crossover
    Columbia freeze hybrid
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Chats: 221

Monday night men's handicap
    Opposing team
    Columbia Jeckyl
    Brunswick danger Zone HPH, Black Beauty
    Hyper Cell, Neptune, plastic
    Hell Raiser, Misfit

My team
    IQ Tour Fusion
    Disturbed, Deranged, Ascent Pearl, Desperado Le
    Hy-Road solid, plastic
    Primal Scream, X-Factor Trifecta
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 204

Tuesday League

Other Team:
    - Hammer Burgandy Hammer (old one)/Columbia WD
    - Columbia300 Shadow/r
    - Brunswick TZone
    - Columbia300 Scout Reactive (old one)

Wednesday League

My Team:
    - same except the guy usually using the Guru recently acquired a Hyper Cell Skid

Other Team:
    - Columbia300 Pure Physics
    - Storm Lucid/Storm IQ Tour Nano
    - Hammer VIRAL
    - Columbia300 Scout Reactive (old one)
    - Columbia300 Arch Rival?? (I couldn't tell, but I think it was C300 and it was that odd color like the arch rival)

The guy using the Hammer VIRAL almost shot a 300-game with one of the most half-*** deliverys ever. And my teammate kinda struggled using the Hyper Cell Skid because it was just too much ball for his ball speed (shy of 10mph). At one point (older guy) he said, "This ball just skids...and then abruptly snaps." I responded, "It is called a Hyper Cell SKID...you realize that right?" So he was trying to increasse his speed or move outside or move his target around...ALL to get this ball to work for him. He needs to talk to RobM....about adapting to what the lane gives you rather than try to force a ball to work that clearly isn't. You can't throw a Hyper Cell Skid 10mph outside of 15 and then be repeatedly surprised that it dives through the middle.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Thursday league:

My team: Already listed

Other team:

Hammer Raw Hammer Jacked
    Columbia 300 White Dot
    10lb House ball

Do you guys just know what ball other people are using or do you ask them?

Because there are a lot of balls out there and to know each one intimately just by look is pretty amazing

I usually notice the name on the rack. I know what my team's throwing so it's just the other ones on there. I often miss one or it's too worn to tell what it is, especially for older balls I'm not too familiar with what they are/were. Newer ones that you see a lot of are pretty distinctive and easy to tell though

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post

Because there are a lot of balls out there and to know each one intimately just by look is pretty amazing
    I usually just look over the course of the series. I make a game of it trying to figure out all 5 opposing team balls before the 3-game series ends. I've only asked a couple times. Most of the time you'll eventually get a good enough look at the balls on the rack that you'll be able to read the name. And if you can read the name/brand...you can always google it and get information on it.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by NewToBowling View Post

I do it the simplest way.

I just wait for everyone to put their balls on the rack, walk up there and read the names on the balls and write them down.

Most all balls have the names on them.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    I do it the simplest way.

I just wait for everyone to put their balls on the rack, walk up there and read the names on the balls and write them down.

Most all balls have the names on them.
    Same here. A quick photo using the phone helps too.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast