Thread: Where should the weight of the ball be??

Default Where should the weight of the ball be??

This may have been discussed in another post awhile ago, but I was just curious where exactly in your hand, should the weight of the ball be? I remember a few years ago, I had a tendency to have the weight in the palm of my hand and I would "muscle" the ball too much. Is it the ring finger? And should this weight be shifted as your arm moves throughout the swing?

The weight of the ball should be at the base of the "V" formed by your index finger and your middle finger.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    The weight of the ball should be at the base of the "V" formed by your index finger and your middle finger.
    I don't doubt you at all. That's what all the experts say; it's where the weight rests in my grip. BUT: when I watch Norm Duke bowl, he doesn't seem to have the weight there. His hand seems to be more on the outside of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    I don't doubt you at all. That's what all the experts say; it's where the weight rests in my grip. BUT: when I watch Norm Duke bowl, he doesn't seem to have the weight there. His hand seems to be more on the outside of the ball.
    It's ironic that you mention Norm Duke as I was fortunate enough to have dinner with him a couple of years ago during the WSOB, and it was he who was talking about feeling the weight of the ball on the "V." I think that a lot of the time the important thing is our perception of a particular feeling in bowling that allows us to develop the single most important aspect of the game: repitition.

Repetition, the key to every aspect of the game. Easy to say, hard to duplicate everything frame to frame. That is part of what makes great bowlers great.