Thread: my pro shop rescued me today

Chats: 0

Default my pro shop rescued me today

I had my DV8 Marauder Mutiny's thumb slug pulled and redrilled to match the pitch of my Brunswick Ringer Platinum Pearl simply because it fit better . Since then it never quite fit like my Ringer, but it was so close that I kept fiddling with it, but never got them to match.
    So tonight I went to my pro shop and had him install finger inserts to match the size exactly as my Ringer, then had the spans checked to see if they matched, and they didn't. The distance from the ring finger to the thumb of my Marauder was 1/16 " longer than the other ball. It was enough to cause my problems. So my tech removed the 1/16" by hand, and I hit the thumb hole with sandpaper to smooth it all out.
    I threw a handful of shots with it, and what a difference! Now I can change the axis tilt to play inside and get out of the ball cleanly.
    Last edited by foreverincamo; 12-18-2014 at 10:45 AM.

that's why I support my local shop

Quote Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
    that's why I support my local shop
    I agree, with this message.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

I got to throw it in league tonight for two games. 236 with one open frame ( missed a 10 pin ) , and 184 with an open on a pocket 7-10. Switched to my Ringer Pearl and threw a clean 204. Left a ton of 10 pins tonight. Just no carry for me tonight.
    Anchor on other team shot 300/740 against us. Our team brings out the best in other teams.