Thread: Crappy Kansas City

Chats: 0

Default Crappy Kansas City

Iceman should be interested in this.

Today, I was at my local pro shop, buying a ball for my son for Christmas. There was a guy in there from KC who knows the PS manager, just shooting the breeze. I mentioned the PBA tournament they had at King Louie, and this guy goes into this whole tirade about how crappy the bowling houses have become in KC. He said King Louie was gone -- torn down, and a lot of the houses are AMF/Bowlmor, and have reeeeaally gone downhill. His opinion was that there just aren't any good centers left in KC.

That's disappointing, because KC's a big place! Seems like there'd be a huge clientele base for at least three or four good centers. Iceman, would you agree with this gentleman's assessment (minus your "old school house" in -- what is it -- Plattsburgh?)?

Cranker

You should all just move up here to STL...

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    You should all just move up here to STL...
    Possibility of moving to Troy... does that count?

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by rv driver View Post
    Possibility of moving to Troy... does that count?
    That is beyond our borders Simba... You must never go there.

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    That is beyond our borders Simba... You must never go there.
    Is it like the Elephants' Graveyard for bowling alleys?

Cranker

Is it like the Elephants' Graveyard for bowling alleys?
    From what I hear on these forums it's becoming that way .

Just need iceman to open Ice Cold Lanes and save the city....

Iceman should be interested in this.

Today, I was at my local pro shop, buying a ball for my son for Christmas. There was a guy in there from KC who knows the PS manager, just shooting the breeze. I mentioned the PBA tournament they had at King Louie, and this guy goes into this whole tirade about how crappy the bowling houses have become in KC. He said King Louie was gone -- torn down, and a lot of the houses are AMF/Bowlmor, and have reeeeaally gone downhill. His opinion was that there just aren't any good centers left in KC.

That's disappointing, because KC's a big place! Seems like there'd be a huge clientele base for at least three or four good centers. Iceman, would you agree with this gentleman's assessment (minus your "old school house" in -- what is it -- Plattsburgh?)?
    I live in KC and can't agree with the OP. The once great King Louie found itself with a building that was way to expensive to maintain on property that was way to valuable for an ageing bowling alley. It simply couldn't generate the profits needed to thrive so its closed. This situation isn't unique to KC. There are great alleys and a dog or two. Just to list a few good ones like KC Bowl, Gladstone Bowl, Mission Bowl, Olathe East. Heck even the old AMF lanes in Overland Park have been remodeled and its a fun alley. My Thursday night league is 24, five man teams and there's a waiting list should anyone drop out. I think everything's fine here in KC.