Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody have recommendations on a decent slow mo camera?

Quote Originally Posted by Konvict1982 View Post
    I have one of those but I found a regular tripod set up at the back of the ball return works best during practice at the alley. however a regular tripod tends to take up space so it isn't ideal when crowded which is why i usually shoot my practice videos in the morning when the alley is mostly empty.
    I'll try that when I get a little better. Right now, I don't need to draw too much attention to myself,Lol.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Hendu71 View Post
    I'd like something that will do at least 1080p at 120 fps, I'd also like it be able to quick autofocus on the hand release, then the ball going down the lane.

Something that can produce videos more or less this quality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZNVJql7hH8

I have a camera phone that can do 60fps, but it's a fixed zoom and you can barely see the ball by the time it hits the pins.

I'd like to spend $300 or less.
    Pretty much any name brand camera (with the spec's you want) will do for most normal bowling videos.

The main things are FPS and storage capacity and power.

60 FPS produces a decent slo-mo for most uses.

The minimum is 8 GIGs of storage and that's if your conservative in your recording.

For power one that uses off the shelf rechargeable batteries is best. That way you have back ups, plus you can always grab some energizers in a emergency. The one's that use proprietary batteries, the batteries can get expensive and hard to find. If your lucky and a plug is handy you can run off AC.

The higher the FPS the more critical lighting becomes, watch the auto brightness settings. When facing the lanes the brightness of the lanes will fool the auto brightness and the bowler will appear dark & silhouetted.

A optional fill light can come in handy and they have some real nice, small led fill lights for less than $20 now.

For play back make sure your software will display the frame numbers, some of the calculations are based on frame counts.

The camera I use is a Old Kodak Zi8 it will do 720p/60fps.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Cranker
    Chats: 0

iPhone sitting on the table, boom.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by dnhoffman View Post
    iPhone sitting on the table, boom.
    I actually use my Note 3, on the bench propped up with a flip flop (no tables at my home alley).

When I want a side view, I put it on the approach two alleys over again using the flip flop as a prop (have to do this midday or very early on Sat/Sun when the alley is mostly empty).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12