Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 List of Things to Change in the PBA.

Ringer
    Chats: 35

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    "Why do I care?" Because IF I care....I'll watch. So, MAKE ME care. Sure are lots of people passionate about DV8 or Motiv or Storm or RotoGrip....lots of bowlers that are very brand loyal....USE THAT.
    Here's where I must differ from other bowlers. I couldn't care LESS who makes the damn object I'm throwing down the lane. Last season I rooted for Baker's team because I know him personally, that said, I also like watching specific bowlers that I'd like to emulate a little bit like Bill O'Neill and Sean Rash among others. So when their team is playing I tend to be more invested in the outcome.

And you know what, I couldn't tell you right now without looking it up, who is sponsored by what ball manufacturer. At the end of the day all manufacturers are pretty much the same to me, I "guess" I understand brand loyalty in bowling, well no...no I really don't come to think of it.

I have an Ebonite Cyclone, Brunswick Aura, DV8 Dude, and a plastic spareball with my hometown Washington Capitals logo on it (I don't even know who makes it although I do know it will never win a Stanley Cup ), all lugged around in a Storm bag. I seriously couldn't care less whose "unique technology" I'm using LOL

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by zdawg View Post
    Here's where I must differ from other bowlers. I couldn't care LESS who makes the damn object I'm throwing down the lane.
    Per my sig…obviously I don't either. But I'd be more apt to cheer for Team Brunswick of Team Columbia because of the players on those teams…maybe Track as well.

I have a 4 balls now and they are all different brands. Pyramid, Storm, Brunswick and Roto grip. Along with a pyramid bag I obviously don't stick to one brand xD

Bowler
    Chats: 0

If they continue to do the league thing, I'd prefer to see teams based on bowling company as well.

I've dvr'ed the first two shows. Both were alright, interesting watching the last show and watching the guys go to such weak balls based on the conditions.

I also agree that I'm not a fan of the opening 3 player match. And don't get me started on how they cut out bowling when at commercial.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12