The IQ Tour Nano is the latest Master line bowling ball from Storm. The Tour Nano uses the same C3 Centripetal Control core as the previous IQ Tour balls. The addition of the Nano cover stock gives bowlers a ball that has the capability to handle more oil than the previous Tour releases. The 15lb Tour Nano has an RG of 2.49 and a differential of 0.029. The Tour Nano comes from the factory with a 4000 grit pad finish and is easily adjustable for the lane condition you are bowling on, and smells like Apple Cider. The color combination of black, hunter green, and red and overall look of the ball reminds me of the Second Dimension, an old time favorite of mine.
I drilled my IQ Tour Nano 4 x 4 ¾ x 2 ½. This is the same layout I have on my favorite IQ Tour solid. Comparing the two, the Nano is much earlier and has a continuous reaction, making the Nano seem like a beefed up IQ Tour Solid; whereas the Fusion and the IQ Tour Pearl has more of a hook set motion for me. I have had good success with the Tour Nano on Scorpion, and a few other unnamed patterns that have some volume up front, but lower left to right ratios. The Tour Nano has taken to cover stock changes easily and doesn’t have a problem slowing down too early with even as much as 500 grit abralon. The Tour Nano will cover a lot of boards even with more surface on the ball. Some have found that the Marvel S was way too early and strong for their needs. The IQ Tour Nano will give those bowlers the traction that you need for heavier oil, without the ball over flaring or quitting on them.
I have found my IQ Tour Nano to be the perfect step down from my Marvel S. Seeing the cover read the lane very similar, but having less flare, allowing me to use the Nano when there isn’t as much built in “hold” on the lane is a huge benefit. I can also use the Nano on house conditions that has a lot of oil up front, but is a little shorter in length. I can see where I will be using the Tour Nano on shorter, high volume patterns, and longer, light volume patterns where I want to keep my angles in front of me. The Tour Nano is a step up from the Fusion, and a perfect step down from the Marvel S. The Tour Nano will give bowlers a unique blend of traction as well as downlane motion.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review of the IQ Tour Nano. Don’t forget to always bowl up a Storm!

Tommy Gollick