Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golfers have it so much better than bowlers !

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    I'm looking at this from an ex golfer's perspective here. But there is NOTHING WORSE than having to walk after your ball after u have shanked it 50-100m from where u targeted, to then discover u have to drop the ball out, or even worse, u lose the ball ( both incurring penalty stroke), mate, that is hard on the ego, whereas bowling we just stand around the ball return and silently curse at our self, waiting for the ball to find us..

In regards to selecting equipment, no doubt about it, u can easily try before u buy, but the actual game itself mentally rips u apart, u know I played for a few years, I got down to 25 hcp on a easyish course, anyway, there were only about a dozen times I left the course pretty happy with my performance, most of the time utter frustration .. Golf is very hard on your ego and happiness level.. Which is why I cycle now, I NEVER have a bad ride!
    Also agree 100%!

It is SO nice to have gutters in bowling. Imagine making a bad shot and having to walk to the other end of the bowling center to get your ball.

It used to really suck as a hockey player when we'd play on a pond or if we played roller hockey in a aparking lot because every missed shot would go flying 100 yards away. And if you're on a pond, you'd have to walk on skates or crawl over to wherever you think it ended up.

And, I agree...I've gotten better at golf now that I live in a warm all season state...more time to practice...but I definitely leave the golf course most of the time feeling like there's just no way I'll ever get good enough at the game where it's "enjoyable". I've shot some scores that I'd consider as "decent"...from time to time...but in between those moments of glory...many days where I just ask myself why I even bother.

And thats why I'll only continue to bowl if I feel I have a legitimate chance at becoming a high level bowler. Because I am just wired in a way that I won't be happy as a 175 average bowler that keeps showing up for league night...hoping that this is the night where the stars allign and I throw a 650 series or 299 game. Thats too much like golf. I don't want to spend thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours for that "off chance" that I might luck into a 300-game. Just like I don't want to walk around a golf course, spending even MORE money...taking even MORE time...so that once a year I can go an entire 18 holes and never have a score higher than a double bogey on any one hole.
    Last edited by Aslan; 01-02-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Also agree 100%!

It is SO nice to have gutters in bowling. Imagine making a bad shot and having to walk to the other end of the bowling center to get your ball.
    Thankfully that only happens once in awhile to me !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12