Thread: Virtual Gravity

What is Bowling?
    Chats: 0

Default Virtual Gravity

Virtual Gravity -drilled pin above the bridge- 5 1/2 to PAP, Cg about 4 inches to PAP and the KEY is 2 inches right of the thumb. I have a Gravity drilled the same. But the object was to compare the Virtual to the Dimension (DIMENSION -pin above ring finger- 4 1/4 pin to PAP, Cg kicked at 70 degrees). Virtual box surface 4000 abralon was too much surface for me with the strong Shape-Lock HD™. It tended to hook to quick and lose the energy for me. The Dimension matches up better for me then Virtual on the longer patterns and medium to long patterns with carry down. I can create better angle and carry with the Dimension. Since the Virtual didn't match up well from me out of the box, I adjusted the cover to 2000 abralon and polish with Storm Reacta Shine. This ball really likes the fresh long and medium patterns, as it tends to get through the midlane cleaner and come of the break smooth and carry's well. I like to use on the 39-42 foot fresh sport/pba patterns for a game and on a house shot. I have seen bowlers with less revs absolutely put up big numbers on a fresh house shot with Virtual right out of the box. A bowler with more revs would need to probably polish or alter the surface to their liking for a desired ball reaction.
    Last edited by JaxBowlingGuy; 09-09-2009 at 10:36 PM.

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Thumbs up

When I picked this ball up from the pro shop, he said he drilled it strong, as strong as he drills his equipment. Since he's a cranker, I moved to the middle of the lane and tried to pitch it out. Well, the first game with it was in the 230s, but it all went downhill from there. After hitting bottom with it, I went back to where I start with all my other equipment and pitched a 672 and 659.

This is one of the most forgiving balls on the market. If you go wide of your mark, chances are that this ball will come back-in a hurry. The pin action is wild-messengers everywhere.

It does pick up a lot of dirt and oil. Teammates call it the virtual sponge. We dry out the lanes as now there are 3 of us that use it.

Its a good ball for heavy oil.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Mack Daddy
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

So I've been using this ball now for a couple weeks, in 3 leagues a week. Instead of starting in the center, I'm now back to where I started with all my other equipment, 8 boards right of center.
    For about a week, I subconsiously (sp?) kept the speed up, and was averaging in the 210's. But if I can keep my brain from getting too excited and keep the feet slower which helps the swing be more relaxed, I'm averaging in the 220+ range.
    Its still a very forgiving ball. On the heavy house shot (42') I still have a 4-6 board break area.

This is my first piece of Storm equipment, and I'm very impressed.
    There's always one off center in the rack

Info: AVG 206, Stroker, Righty, Gladiator Pearl, Track The Rising, Hammer Rayzr, Storm Virtual Gravity, Storm Reign, PBA Platinum

Wish List-Hammer Jigsaw

I am a proud member of BowlingBoards.com Bowling Forums

Default review

I love my Virtual Gravity. It is such an amazing ball! Im really shocked there are not more reviews and comments in this section. Im not sure how mine is drilled since I dont really pay attention to that (all though I should). I just go to my pro shop and tell them what I want and they drill it up and usually always works great. I have been throwing this ball for a little over 3 months now and have to say it is one of the best I have thrown. As stated by another user it is so forgiving. I have seen my average go up by almost 20 pins just from using this ball. Its great for the oil. It reads the head clean and just snaps back into the pocket with no questions asked. To me it hits like a ton of bricks. And talk about messengers. I need to start bringing a video camera to record the pin action I get. I have become a very avid Storm believer since I picked up this ball. So much so that within a few days of buy my Virtual I went out and bought the Gravity Shift which is just as amazing but for dryer lanes. Way to go Storm.

Blog Entries
    Chats: 2643

Well I have a had my V.G. nano for a month now, and I have to say it’s a good ball! I know everyone has their own style, and lanes where they bowl, and they differ greatly.
    I still, with my style stroker, medium rev’s find the Undefeated to hook much more than the V.G. nano!
    I have tested them together on many different lane conditions, and have always had much more kick and nice entry into the pocket with my two undefeated. I am sure its just a matter of my style of bowling! I know many I bowl against use the V.G. and most like theirs very much!
    I sometimes think that one over looked factor in selecting a bowling ball is the BOWLER!!
    There is no magic ball! I think the most over looked thing in getting a ball is the bower themselves.
    What ball suits your style the most! In many cases it might not be the biggest badest ball out there.
    I do like the Nano very much and have had under certain lane conditions, some good scores!!
    But for some reason it seems a little weaker on the back end, ((((( with my style of bowling))))

Chats: 0

I purchased this ball in december 2008 in the Netherlands, got it drilled ('It's a beast') the pro-shop owner said.
    Threw some series the next day.. he was all right. So much stronger than my Rival. Happy i returned from my christmas-holidays to Norway where i could not wait to show my team-mates what fine piece of equipment i had bought.
    But...nothing happened. Not the reaction i had seen in my hometown. I tried everything (of what i knew and understood of bowling at that time) but i could not make that ball work for me. So it ended up in my bag and only came out once in a while. For practice or when i really got desparate. Until last season, My technique had improved, as my ballspeed and rev.rate. So just for fun i polished my V.G by hand. I did not use anyway so i could experiment a bit with it, i was thinking. The polish by the way was bought accidently.
    WOW !!! It has became my favourite ball in my arsenal...Not the first one out of the bag on a fresh oiled lane but from the second series definately and if there has been a league playing before us it's definately the first ball out of the bag. That i do not strike every time is completely my fould. Thrown well, my V.G always comes back to the pocket with tons of hitting power. Smooth and predictable..